VTX 1800 C or V-Strom 1000?  Which to buy?

Hrmm,  Well here's the thing.  The VTX 1800 is a beast, and it's not a poser "Wanna Bee" it pretty much started the Metric big Bore war.  

OH here's what makes it really difficult, I can get the VTX for the Same $$$ as the V-Strom.  We have a stack of 04 VTX's at the shop so I can pick one up for a song...  So that kinda makes things difficult.
yah.. and it lost badly hhehe.. surely you have realized why they are still sitting around? .. and why honda is giving away the store if you'll just buy one??

VTX.. patooie.. if your dead set on a cruiser atleast get the Triumph

I had the VTX 1800c and traded for the Busa. It is a nice cruiser, The first thing I would do is change the seat. Thats just my opinion, I rode From N.VA down Into Tenn. one day and back the next and my butt was screamin. My dad went with me and we traded bikes about 2 hrs from home on the way back and he had a Mustang seat on his , it made a world of difference on my achy butt. Again that is just my opinion. It is a pretty cool cruiser though.

Hrmm, Well here's the thing. The VTX 1800 is a beast, and it's not a poser "Wanna Bee" it pretty much started the Metric big Bore war.

OH here's what makes it really difficult, I can get the VTX for the Same $$$ as the V-Strom. We have a stack of 04 VTX's at the shop so I can pick one up for a song... So that kinda makes things difficult.
yah.. and it lost badly hhehe.. surely you have realized why they are still sitting around? .. and why honda is giving away the store if you'll just buy one??

VTX.. patooie.. if your dead set on a cruiser atleast get the Triumph
Now I know your screwing with me... I can tell. The Triumph Rocket III is the ugliest thing this side of an AMC Pacer. It's so bad that I wouldn't admit to owning one and could only ride it at night, in the dark...
smile.gif

Now a triumph Thruxton is cool, and I am going to go look at the Triumph Tiger.

But as for your VTX hating... I can only say that you have never ridden the VTX 1800, seriously. It's powerful, smooth and quick. And to say it "lost" is simply wrong. It's still a dominate force in the Metric cruiser world. So ride it before you slam it, cause your off target here. Seriously, try one then tell me it's NO GOOD. Compared to every other Japanese cruiser out there, the VTX is still in the lead in terms of power, smoothness and comfort. The only real competition is the Warrior, and it's a different animal for the most part.

The V-strom is not out of the running though by anymeans. There is a Black 1000 at my shop that keeps calling my name. I spoke to the Givi Rep allready and he has some really cool deals on the bags and topbox... Might be just the ticket.

The VTX still appeals though because of the HIGE amount of stuff I can do to it, and the laidback riding position and smooth road manners.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120213312 -->

just FYI.. I have ridden 2 VTX.. the 18, and the 13..

not that it matters.. you've asked for opinions.. discounted them when they didn't agree with what you already decided so I'm done.

Enjoy whichever one ya get and in the future if I have an opinion I'll keep it to myself.

not that it matters.. you've asked for opinions.. discounted them when they didn't agree with what you already decided so I'm done.

Enjoy whichever one ya get and in the future if I have an opinion I'll keep it to myself.
No No, that's not what I was intending. I was just assuming that you hadn't ever ridden one because after I rode the 1800 I thought it was pretty damned cool, and I don't know how anyone could think otherwise. That's all. I am surprised, thats all.

Wasn't trying to kick sand in your face or slap you around about it, wasn't trying to start a fight.

I appreciated your input on the V-strom and was mostly baffled by your disdain for the VTX... Nothing more, I've allways appreciated and respected your opinions and comments in the past.

Wasn't meant to offend anway.

No No, that's not what I was intending.  I was just assuming that you hadn't ever ridden one because after I rode the 1800 I thought it was pretty damned cool, and I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.  That's all.  I am surprised, thats all.  

Wasn't trying to kick sand in your face or slap you around about it, wasn't trying to start a fight.

I appreciated your input on the V-strom and was mostly baffled by your disdain for the VTX...    Nothing more, I've allways appreciated and respected your opinions and comments in the past.  

Geez Rev, way to go...
crazy.gif

I'm just kidding...
biggrin.gif

I haven't ridden either one, just been reading the post for everybody's input that has ridden one or the other.

No No, that's not what I was intending.  I was just assuming that you hadn't ever ridden one because after I rode the 1800 I thought it was pretty damned cool, and I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.  That's all.  I am surprised, thats all.  

I appreciated your input on the V-strom and was mostly baffled by your disdain for the VTX...    Nothing more, I've allways appreciated and respected your opinions and comments in the past.  

ahh.. my fault.. musta been PMS'ing late last night when I read it..

shoulda re-read it before I replied..

my bad,, haha I think my problem with the VTX is thats it's a cruiser.. I just can't get into em'... any of em'.

They only one I ever rode that I even marginally liked was the road star warrior.. and that was just cuz of the canister.. lol

No Worries... I am kinda Leaning towards the V-Strom today...

Though I mentioned to the wife that I have allways wanted a BMW M-Coupe last night, and that while it's no motorcycle, it could still provide all manner of entertainment on it's own...

She kinda liked that Idea as well... So maybe the V-Strom will become an M-Coupe, I freaking love this car...

m_coupe2002.jpg

I know it's herresy it not being a bike and all, but I really do dig the Coupe... There is something special about BMW's and the way they handle/respond... The M-Coupe was one that by all accounts was a perfect example. The 530 I drove for awhile in Tampa pretty much convinced me that the engineers at BMW know what they are doing.

It's an Odd looking buggy for sure, but I dig it's funky looks.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120329120 -->

m_coupe_01.jpg

We will see. I will still prolly opt for another bike. Something I was digging about the V-strom is that it would look OK all dirtied up, I wouldn't have to be concerned about a little dirt.

Yah.. de beemer is cool. When I first looked at it I thought it was the Z4.. i was gonna tell ya to jump on it. I got lucky enough to "HAVE" to go to new hampshire intl raceway during the pre-launch of the new vettes (C6 models) last fall and they have one there. Frikken thing was on RAILS.. and more than enough power to get you in big trouble playing with it.

I was trying to think of the other playtoys they had there.. porsche 911, porsche boxter, and of course several diff. variations of the vette..

I hated to say it.. but the boxter was the most fun.. not as intimidating as the vette's power..

blah blah... just running amok now..

I'm not much on the styling of the M, but if it's anything like the Z I could definatly look past the exterior.

IM003774_0142.jpg

if I had the scratch.. and was so inclined...

well.. i'd probably go with the vette and work past the "HOLY CRAP... TOO MUCH POWER!!" problem I was having...

but anyway.. a sweet pic of the boxter

IM003771_0140.jpg

and just cuz I was browsing thru the pics looking for the beemer z..

the c6

C6_Vette.jpg

Back