Got a flat today

macbusa

Registered
Got a flat back tire on the way to work this morning. I was fortunate enough to be about 2 miles from the dealership. I had to wait 2 1/2 hours for them to open but I glad I wasn't out in the middle of nowhere.

I would like to pick up some kind of flat repair kit to have with me in case this happens again. Anyone have sugguestions on flat repair kits that would fit under the Busas seat?

The Stop and Go kit will probably be mentioned several times, so I guess I be the first to mention it. It uses a mushroom plug and some nifty tools to insert it. Combine that with a co2 inflator(I also have an engineair pump but its not too good for bikes with fairings) and you have a nice compact solution.

I keep a plug kit with me. Normally when you pick up a nail, you notice the tire is getting low before its flat. So I pull the nail or whatever and plug it, then go air the tire up ASAP.

You can get a CO2 pump at your local bicycle shop. Then get the vulcanizing plugs from you local auto parts shop.

Chris

I dont know about the stop and go kit... but I do know that http://www.bikebandit.com carries couple of good punture kits with them!! Have one from them... it has plugs, patches, tools to insert the plugs, adeshive, and two co2 cans all in a small pouch and costs you about $40 if im not wrong...
biggrin.gif

I dont know about the stop and go kit... but I do know that http://www.bikebandit.com carries couple of good punture kits with them!! Have one from them... it has plugs, patches, tools to insert the plugs, adeshive, and two co2 cans all in a small pouch and costs you about $40 if im not wrong...
biggrin.gif
If you use bikebandit go to sportbikes.net and join. Look in the forum and look at the members only forum. I think you can still get like a 5-10% discount using a special password when you setup your bikebandit account. (I know my account still gets the discount).

A friend of mine has a nail in his rear tire. It hasnt gone flat yet but he wasnt sure about putting a plug in it? Any suggestions?

A temp plug would be better then leaving the nail or screw in place.
From the tire manufactures say permanent repair is a plug installed from the inside. Have to pull the tire off for that. Repairing one hole is OK, two holes it's time to replace the tire.
Wouldn't mess around with temp repairs on a front tire. Either replace or permanent repair.
Many have, myself included. Ran a temp repaired rear tire for thousands of miles no prob. Depends on where and how big the hole. While riding have some loss of confidence in the tire. Thinking it's going flat all the time. Big relief when it finally worn out got replaced
biggrin.gif

Back