Wheelie to 140 (video)

I personally don't think he was actually doing 220mph.
Just by watching the middle of the highways gravel areas
pass by.....it seemed too slow.

I just got done watching the Isle of Mann TT with all the supersport bikes speeding around that island at 170mph
and they make that look like maybe 140mph. They had cameras right behind the windshield as well....but it looked
waaaaay faster and they topped out at 170.

Hey guys, this vid has come up before. The bike belongs to a member.

It is the real deal.

It was a turbo grey/silver, can't remember the dudes name, but it is a badazz ride.

I'm guessin' that he will chime in on this thread pretty soon.:cool:

cool.gif

I think it's not real. Those lines would be solid if he were going 220 and for that amount of time. He's obviously changed the gauges, and maybe to fit. Also, listen to the shift, he shifted maybe 2 or 3 times. I love our baby, but he's not doing 220 in 3rd gear. Nice wheelie though, regardless.

I think it's not real. Those lines would be solid if he were going 220 and for that amount of time. He's obviously changed the gauges, and maybe to fit. Also, listen to the shift, he shifted maybe 2 or 3 times. I love our baby, but he's not doing 220 in 3rd gear. Nice wheelie though, regardless.
TURBO BUSA...IT IS REAL. HE SHIFTED TO 6TH.

Guys, believe what ya want. But here are the facts.
Bike owned by member Robopti. Built with help from Total Kaos Performance. This same vid was the topic of another thread on 6/10/05.
Click on the search button and type in "turbo hayabusa video??"

The rest is pretty self explanatory..........its the real deal.:)

Sorry, I would have just put a link here directly to the thread, but I'm quite challenged when it comes to these dang compooter things..:blush:

Hey guys, this vid has come up before. The bike belongs to a member.

It is the real deal.

It was a turbo grey/silver, can't remember the dudes name, but it is a badazz ride.

I'm guessin' that he will chime in on this thread pretty soon.:cool:
It's Kevin (aka: SuperKaos) riding Rob's (aka: Robopti) Bike... otherwise known as SKII.

That is a sick lil' video. I tend to be a bit scared to bring it up at all. Now on my SV, riding wheelies was easy and not scary.

A Turbo Busa at stock wheelbase with with slightly modified gearing... no problem
cool.gif
I'm definitely not doubting that it can be done. I have no doubt in my mind it can be done.

BUT, in THAT particular video, he was not going 220mph. Sorry, it doesn't even look remotely close to that speed. Anyone here gone 180mph on their bike ?? I know those that have can vouch that was not 220mph by looking at the lines, and the middle gravel spots pass by.

Like I said, go rent Isle of Man TT 2004 and watch those bike cameras from the same viewpoint, and you'll see how insanely fast they appear next to that video. It's not even close, I can't believe everything you hear......seeing is believing, and that isn't close. Not tryin to piss anyone off, but that speedo is waaaay off. Just my opinion, not here to pick a fight.

I'll say that I could be wrong....just doesn't look like it.

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119344395 -->

I've gone 180 a few times, but I was going too damn fast to remember what the trees looked like as I flew by. I was more worried about looking out for popo's and debris in the road.

"I tend to be a bit scared to bring it up at all."   Dont live life as a pussy, remember.
iamwithstupid.gif

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119344690 -->

Suppose he may have a speedohealer and just turned it up to 40% over? I don't think you could keep the front wheel up at 220 as the wind would pick that puppy up and make it airborne?

Not saying it can't be done but not likely. I've been up to 135 on the rear. The wind starts to play little games with you at that speed and I'm not convinced it could be done at 220? Would like to watch someone give it a try though?

Kinda like Kirks 170 mph stoppie riding tandum? I really wanted to see that one too but he moved away
rock.gif
DAMN!

Jesus ... SOMEONE SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD

Ok ... Here we go again

IT'S MY BIKE

Once again

Gauges look familiar
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? - YES the GPS is accurate .. I did it myself on the road listed below

sk232_1.jpg

Same bike in Sportrider Aug 04

SK2.jpg

In case your not the guy on gixxer.com ... I'll say this here 1 more time

ANYONE ... AND I MEAN ANYONE !!!!! that wants a piece of me and that DOESN'T BELIEVE that it can accelerate that quick or go that fast ... Comeon down to New Orleans ... I'll take you to this road (which my Misissippis brothers may recognize)

sk232_2.jpg

And I'll give you a taste of POWER that you will never forget .... THEN we'll grab a beer and some oysters on Bourbon Street and have some fun

OH BY THE WAY ... Here's my GPS just before I sent the bike back down to TotalKaosPerformance for more goodies and power

DSCF0077.jpg

AND AGAIN ... I'm willing to put my mouth where my money is ... I ride the bike on the streets ... Come on down

rob_cov.jpg

And... Before ya start with the "Speedo is off" ... "Lines aren't going by that fast" ... "no way he did 220" WHATEVER ... Trust me I have heard them all a MILLION times ... Just plan a trip and come on down ...

<!--EDIT|ROBOPTI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119348353 -->

rock.gif

Back