SoCal Riders - this weekend

San Francisquito Road will end at Lake Elizabeth Road where we turn left (8). Continue on Lake Elizabeth Road into the town of Lake Hughes. Be on the lookout for a stone building on the right called the Rock Inn, where you can stop for food. (9)

canyon9.jpg

From the Rock Inn, we continue on Lake Elizabeth Drive and come upon a choice (10) - either turn left onto Pine Cyn, or continue on Lake Elizabeth Road to Rte. 138. The last time I rode Pine Cyn (3 wks ago) there was a fair amount of sand on the road + it was a bit slow going...

If you continue on Like Elizabeth Road, make a left onto the 138 (11A)

canyon10.jpg

If you took the Pine Cyn option, you'll eventually come to the 138 where you make a left (11B)(NOTE: At the end of Pine Canyon make a right at the STOP sign (its the only STOP sign you'll encounter) at the Old Ridge Road + continue down to get to the 138)

Take the 138 + merge onto the I-5 NORTH. (12) We'll be on the interstate for only a couple of exits.

canyon11.jpg

Get off the I-5 at Frazier Mountain Park. Turn left a the end of the off-ramp. (13)

Either top off your gas tank here or bit further down the road in the two small towns you'll encounter. Make sure you top off before you get too far down Cuddy Valley, since there's NO GAS along Cerre Noreste + ALL of Route 33 until you get to Ojai.

Continue down Frazier Park and bear right onto Cuddy Valley (14). You'll drive through the town of Pine Mtn. Club which is your LAST CHANCE TO TOP OFF UNTIL OJAI.

Somewhere in Pine Mtn, Cuddy Valley becomes Mill Potrero Road....

canyon12.jpg

Cruise down Mill Potrero (which will become Cerro Noreste) and enjoy. There not much out here but this road + nice scenery...

Eventually, Cerre Noreste ends at Rte. 166/33. Make a left (15), then make another left a but down the road onto the 33 toward Ojai(16).

canyon13.jpg

Continue down the 33 for the long, fun ride into Ojai. From here, you're on your own.......

canyon14.jpg

Wag,

You should not ask us what time, day, or where to meet if your setting up this ride.  Your going to get different responses from everyone.  I suggest you set the day, time and place to meet.  

If it was up to me, I would meet in front of my house at 8 am.  That is best for me.  ;)

ROYZGSX
Well, yeah, I agree but I wasn't the one setting up this ride. I was just trying to drag a time and place outta SOMEbody so I'd know where to go and when!

Jeez, try to stimulate a little action and get roasted for it!

;-)

--Wag--

I'll meet you guys at the 7-11.
Here's a preview of Sand Canyon.

Sandy_Hairpin.JPG

Great riding with you Big-O, Shortboader and Brahmabull, I had a great time. We gotta do this more often
smile.gif

Lets just do Cerro Noreste over + over again
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|shortBoarder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118592579 -->

cerro1.jpg

biggrin.gif
nice lookin pics...funny how we were in the background tryin to put the bolts on my busa...i gotta say..todays events were classic.."ahem"..except for the gravel fight...
cool.gif

Actually, I went up there yesterday afternoon and rode from the 210 Osborne exit up through to the 14. My new favorite road! Very nice.

I love it when a schedule changes. Just wish it could've changed sooner.

Great pics, btw.

--Wag--

Back