Undertail

GD4GVN

05 Blue & Silver
Donating Member
Registered
I want to clean up the back of my busa. What undertail can I use that looks good but I don't have to do any cutting or funky stuff to my bike. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I havent seen a aftermarket undertail that didnt require some cutting for it to fit. You could tries Dennis's aka Motorheads undertail kit which totally replaces the stock undercarriage that involves no cutting but you will have to remove the stock undercarriage by removing only four bolts and cutting a slice through the opening hole where the brake oil line runs through to avoid disconnecting it. Once thats done (3min) she'll drop right on out of there.

Face it bro, your gonna have to get alil dirty if ya wanna lQQk alil funky.  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117732845 -->

I havent seen a aftermarket undertail that didnt require some cutting for it to fit. You could tries Dennis's aka Motorheads undertail kit which totally replaces the stock undercarriage that involves no cutting but you will have to remove the stock undercarriage by removing only four bolts and cutting a slice through the opening hole where the brake oil line runs through to avoid disconnecting it. Once thats done (3min) she'll drop right on out of there.

Face it bro, your gonna have to get alil dirty if ya wanna lQQk alil funky.  
wink.gif
With it you retain what 80% of your storage, compaired to other undertails?

I like that undertail and that intergrated light kinda makes it look cool as well as cleans it up in nothing bulky streatching outwards as the signals did.

Man... that last photo looks like dogmess..... glad I got the other camera.... I just used my wifes for the last photo. Then I realized I already had photos of it from my camera.

I was gonna go with this undertail:
Bootyavatar.gif

Butt.... (pun intended) the wife wouldn't let me get that one!!

I am getting a TMH undertail when I have the extra dough, meanwhile I just spent $20 for some new blinkers and chopped away..just did this today:

i wonder how it would work out to get some sheet aluminum and build the under tail myself ,,humm,,i built one for my 2000 R6 and looked great ,,but it was more flat ,,the busa has a few more curves,,im going to try i think,,may have to make a few different peices and rivet them all together i bet i can do it
here is a pic of the tail on my old R6,,made out of aluminum sheeting,,tact it tegether with my alum welder and ,it's amazing what a little bondo and paint will do

Picture_004__WinCE_.jpg

Nice undertail Ted and Bentvalve.
smile.gif
Ideal Automotive, nice work.
smile.gif
Thanks for the pic guy's.

BigK

smile.gif

i wonder how it would work out to get some sheet aluminum and build the under tail myself ,,humm,,i built one for my 2000 R6 and looked great ,,but it was more flat ,,the busa has a few more curves,,im going to try i think,,may have to make a few different peices and rivet them all together i bet i can do it
here is a pic of the tail on my old R6,,made out of aluminum sheeting,,tact it tegether with my alum welder and ,it's amazing what a little bondo and paint will do
[/QUOTE]

I just finished fabricating (modifying) my own undertail using fiberglass.   Here are the photos, I just finished painting it yesterday.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117794873 -->

DSC02087.JPG

Back