Wire mesh

aljanmay

Registered
You know the wire mesh covering the ram air ducts, well I'm looking for the same mesh to cover the openings on the sides of the fairings. Has anyone done this before?

aljanmay,
Thinker62 has a sweet setup. See the "Thinker62 - Secret Mod., 007Busa, when is the unveiling??" thread in General. I know a lot of others have done this, so hopefully they'll post how they did it and where they sourced their "screens".

A lot of people have done this. I will post a few pictures. I tried to be a little different and did it with red screen. I also changed the screen over the scoops.

GRill.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What nobody wants to share the "how to" info?  awe...  
sad.gif

rock.gif

mad.gif
Kent, did you plug your pukas, or whatever you call them?

That screen info is on the board somewhere. It is pretty easy. You buy the screens at auto parts stores (8"x48" sheets). Expect them to cost $32-$40. Color choices are crome, blue, and red. The tools you will need are wire cutters, needle nose pliars, and silicone.

Simply take off your panals, clean the surface that the screens will need to bond to. I think I had to cut off a little foam that was in the way somewhere. Then cut a big enough piece of screen to fill the hole, plus bend around the inside giving you enough area to silicone it down. Then start your bending. that part can be tedious, but if I can do it, anyone can. Get the piece formed and bent the way you want it. Remove it and put a big fat bead of silicone everywhere the screen comes in contact with the underside. Then put the scren in place. You may end up adding more silicone and spreading it over the top.

That is basically it. the hardest part is the actual bending and shaping. It is better to cut a piece too big and trim it down, than to buy one too small.

Hope that helps.

Boy G-Spot (Greg, Thinker, or whoever the hell you are these days
laugh.gif
), I was getting scared for a minute. I was beginning to wonder how the hell did you get a picture of my bike and I haven't even posted it yet. Then, I looked closer at the bike and realized it wasn't mine. Anyway, that silver busa is not near what my bike is gonna look like in a couple of days. I realize that I have been promising for a while, but an unfortunate incident has happened that is keeping me from completing re-assembly. Details in another thread
pissed.gif

Brian

Back