12V 552 Flasher relay

Toyz

Registered
This will slow your blinkers down after installing LED's.

After reading a little more into it and talking to JohnnyCheese (thanks) I figured this flasher relay mod out and I thought I'd post some photos to help others out since the wires on the 05 model are different colors.  

This is a section I printed out from the Hayabusa manual.
This shows the relay for the kick stand shutoff/ turn signals.
letters G and H are the 2 wires you have to cut or push out.  I used a very small screwdriver to push out the wires so I did not have to cut them.

<!--EDIT|Toyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115573033 -->

100_0047.JPG

I used wire cutters to trim the ends of the relay so the wires would just slip on. You can see the wires in the back that I disconnected, these are the colors for the 05 model

<!--EDIT|Toyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115570134 -->

100_004811.JPG

This is the piece the relay plugs into...just push a small screwdriver into the top slot and the wire will pull out.

100_0046.JPG

I tie wraped the flasher to the harness and used a little electrical tape just incase. I also used the red electrical tape on the flasher terminals...did not have any shrink wrap.

100_0051.JPG

These are the wire cutters I used to cut the flasher terminals..look close and you can see they are also wire strippers. They didn't use to be that way...several years ago I was in the attic cutting wires to a broken attic fan that I thought had no electricity since I threw the breaker...well I didn't throw the right one. Sparks flew every where...I sheet my pants twice. Thanks God for insulated handles, it didn't shock me at all. That's why I don't screw with electricity anymore...I throw the main breaker to the entire house before I even do a ceiling fan...overkill.

100_0050.JPG

These are the wire cutters I used to cut the flasher terminals..look close and you can see they are also wire strippers.  They didn't use to be that way...several years ago I was in the attic cutting wires to a broken attic fan that I thought had no electricity since I threw the breaker...well I didn't throw the right one.  Sparks flew every where...I sheet my pants twice.  Thanks God for insulated handles, it didn't shock me at all.  That's why I don't screw with electricity anymore...I throw the main breaker to the entire house before I even do a ceiling fan...overkill.
Thanks, your photo's made the job easy. Works great--the flasher cost less than $4 Thanks again

I think Im blind or something but where can I find the stock relay box? I have an 06 and Im sure its the same as all other years. Any help would be great.

Nevermind guys I found the stoopid thing. Right under my nose the whole time (litteraly). This walkthrough is great once you find it. Took a whole 2 minutes to install.

Thanks, the photos made the job a lot easier.  Flashers are back to normal.....cost less than $3....Thanks again

Back