questions

BusaAdmirer

Registered
ok. i've been on the board for some time now.. but haven't understood 2 things..

In any forum (topics page) under the last action column there are blue and orange coloured logo's pointing to the left and right.. whats with that???

Also when we enter any topic, there is an electric bulb symbol next to everybody's screen name.. some are lit and some aren't.. whats with that???

any answers???

a pic of those logo's i'm talking about..

untitled.JPG

The red with two >> means there are new posts in that topic.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1258"|1114402719 -->

The "orange" symbols indicate a new topic/post or one that has been updated since your last action on the site. The "blue" symbols are topics/posts that you have already read.

wow! I didnt know that...
blush.gif

...and to think of it i have 13000+ posts in!! Oh well!!

And if you click on either of the icons, it'll put you at the first message that you haven't read. This is one of the primary reasons I like the ikonboard software over the others.

Carl

The "orange" symbols indicate a new topic/post or one that has been updated since your last action on the site. The "blue" symbols are topics/posts that you have already read.
Hmm, no actually I think the orange and blue icons on the right side (what we're talking about), indicate the age of the newest message. If the topic is older than some set number of minutes/hours/days, then it changes to blue.

On the left side, if the envelope is open, then there are new messages. If it's closed, then there are no new ones. If there's a star (I think), then you've posted in that topic but I think those stars go away if the topic is older than some time period (like 90 days). If the envelope is a different color (orange over in ST.N), then it's a hot topic that has more than x number of posts (on ST.N when it gets to 20 posts, it changes to a hot topic).

On some other board software (like AdvRider is on), there are little arrows at the beginning of a topic's subject line that takes you to the newest message you haven't read, however it updates that number when you log out so even if you haven't read the thread, it's marked as if you have. Makes it a pain if I'm just browsing and reading different threads on different visits.

Carl

Back