Gas tank

I have thought about it . With a ABM / LSL Kit I could remove the factory impressions for the clip on bars , but this would net maybe 1 qt adding about 8 to 14 miles of range on my set up . If one were to raise the fill neck area ( Mohawk style ) used on several other tank types 1 gallon is average gain . However the work to reconnect the tank vent line / over fill drain is not exactly easy . The tank will look not to well I would imagine.
I like the look of the Yosh tank on the Gen 1 of Ken's , but the Gen 2 does not look as good as the first gen to me after seeing photos of it on a bike . One could build a tank in the rear sub frame that is hidden with about 1.25 to 2 gallon . Plumb it in to the main with a small fuel transfer pump on a switch . There is a guy on ISHOC that did this , but his tank is 6 gallons , and comes out the top of the tail with a Pelican case bolted to it .
He runs some pretty hardcore distance runs that cover areas with less fuel stops .

With a ecu flash , 19/42 gearing on a Gen 2 I have gotten as high as 55 mpg in the mountains putting along .
Average is high 40's in the high 70 mph, speeds low 40's in 80 mph , and 30's 90 plus . With 5.5 gallons one can cover 180 to 220 miles easy .
I just decided to do splash n go's if i'm solo crossing states , and distance . 1017 miles total stop time 18 minutes for fuel / bath room ;)

I like the secondary fuel cell idea. You can also carry that weight lower on the bike, which is a plus. I tried molding an add on to the tank but could never get the fit look I was going for. Also I wanted a storage compartment mainly for my radar so I would not need the tank bag. Might try that again now that I have a tank to play with.

The Yoshi tank is bigger by a good bit. @Dai. said he got 430 KM I think with a 1/4 tank left? The Yoshi tank is $2K, but that's not so considering. It's lighter, simpler, and if you do a fuel cell right with proper plumbing and transfer pump that's not cheap.

I like the secondary fuel cell idea. You can also carry that weight lower on the bike, which is a plus. I tried molding an add on to the tank but could never get the fit look I was going for. Also I wanted a storage compartment mainly for my radar so I would not need the tank bag. Might try that again now that I have a tank to play with.

Doesn’t the Gen 2 have a hollow steering stem? That’s where my detector sits, on a stem stand.

RD's are illegal in VA. I use a Beltronics that is not detectable but it has to be hidden.

Ah, one of the backwards states. :D Several LD riders position theirs inside fairing pieces. When hidden, how do you receive warnings, earbuds or a small light display somewhere? My V1 is out in the open but I still use a ten LED light array which is necessary in bright sunlight. Has saved me mucho $$ over the years.

Money well spent for the different look, lighter tank and more capacity. Took one year to build and be delivered but I’d do it again.

I do average 450s or so from a full standard tank but as fallen mentioned, ridden 430kms and still 1/4 tank of fuel left.

B1203BC5-B936-4A9A-B651-2C5591BD0211.jpeg

49235D6F-111A-469F-83F8-39F9802C7499.jpeg

Ah, one of the backwards states. :D Several LD riders position theirs inside fairing pieces. When hidden, how do you receive warnings, earbuds or a small light display somewhere? My V1 is out in the open but I still use a ten LED light array which is necessary in bright sunlight. Has saved me mucho $$ over the years.
SENA SH-10 (or SM-10 I forgot which) converts to Bluetooth. then pair with my Cardo Packtalk

Money well spent for the different look, lighter tank and more capacity. Took one year to build and be delivered but I’d do it again.

I do average 450s or so from a full standard tank but as fallen mentioned, ridden 430kms and still 1/4 tank of fuel left.

View attachment 1610415

View attachment 1610416
@Dai. hi fr. Very nice and quality work there.
With 21 liters I do a maximum of 220-240 kilometers (travel speed of 200 km / h, usually)
How do you manage to go 450 kilometers with the standard fuel tank?

Very subtle riding, no more than 110km/h at any stage, not revving over 4000 rpm and shifting through the gears quick.

Averaging 450 km per tank is about 279 miles. Are you trying for a record or don’t you like having fun?

Just came off a 6 month license suspension, any ticket over 20km/h for the next 4 months could send me off the road for 2 years so “no having fun” :laugh:

Dayum you musta been a bad boy. Where are you? Fill in your profile.:)

The Yoshi tank (...)

any link to that tank ?

I would also like to have more fuel on my ´00

here some pics of welding a gas tank for a gen1 (.de - forum member´s pics)
enlarging a standard 21 liters to 30 liters (~ 7.9 gal)
plus different pump flange (he owns i think a ´00 busa and wanted to change to internal pump)
(tons of work and a pretty good plumber and tig welder necessary)

cutting / suiting / welding
Hulk - 20160530_130512.jpg

pump connection flange (of a ´01-´07 ? - i think so)
Hulk - 20160705_100624.jpg

ready at the bike - look to front end - it is a bit higher now
Hulk - 20161022_104143.jpg

the whole bike
Hulk - 20160702_140654.jpg

Hulk - 20160705_100535.jpg

Back