Kanji-less Now!!

eynlai

Registered
I just got my fairings back today and just got through putting it back on my ride. Kanji-less!! I told them I don't care about it, just buff out and repaint the scratches from my 5 drops during my first weekend of getting my busa new (if some of you remember, I dropped it right there at the dealer parking lot).

She's all clean and scratchless now, as well as Kanji-less. I have to say that I DO like the "clean" look better.

After my trip to Phoenix tomorrow, I might take some pics during the daytime on Friday and post them.

Just in case what some of you was wondering what a busa looks like without the Kanji stickers.

eynlai,
Looking forward to the pics. Hurry up already!

where in phx u going 2 b? if u take the I-10 (which im sure u will) u will b riding right by my house.

smile.gif

PICS PLEASE! We're the pic lovin kind here. Glad its all back together now.
smile.gif

What a coincidence.....I'll be in Phoenix too. I'm up north though but I'll be on thee bike.:D

Oh yeah...got any pics?
tounge.gif

The drops were all 12000 miles and a year ago. History of drops:

1. 1st day at dealership parking lot taking delivery of the bike.

2. same evening backing out of my buddy's driveway.

3. 4 blocks at a stop sign left turn next to a elementry school at 11pm while I was "first getting used to it"

4. My nephew after he had 3 beers sat on it to "feel" it.

5. 1 week later while trying to take off from a moderate incline with a stop to make right turn. Broke off clutch lever entirely that time.

No more drops since then after 12K miles in L.A. traffic, ride to Santa Barbara, Otega HWY, etc.... Knock hard on wood. Well, below are the pics. Mainly close ups. On really closer inspection, you can see the color is not a exact match. Less metallic specks on the lighter grey area, but with much higher overall gloss. I guess a additional 1 or 2 layer of clear coat was added verses the Factory. Also, you know that line ridge that separates the color? It's much less defined when you run your fingers over it than compared to factory.

Overall I like it. I'm not too concerned about the barely noticiable mismatch. I'm going to have the front cowl paint next anyway.

Yes, this is what a Kanji-less busa looks like.

Photo_040105_001.jpg

Back