Kawi is working on E Bikes

Just like we all figured, here is a video of what Kawasaki is working on...

ws9xfiz9osk11.jpg

At least Kawasaki has a clue as to what they are doing unlike other nameless motorcycle companies...

you mean nameless like the one company which wanted to make a gen3 of some kind..... yes thats true.I am with you. Even though I really dislike electric motorcycles!

Moto GP will probably see and ebike series before long too...There is the Formula E series now for cars so...….

The only real drawback of e bikes is the range, I rode a Zero bike and it had gobs of torque right off the bottom...it also had the ability to set different power levels...

I did find the more you worked it the faster the battery drained (as I expected) could have been scary way back in the woods somewhere and the battery gives out.

As you said, battery life is the holdback. Electric motors give 100% torque instantly so in theory they'll be a ton of fun eventually. Regardless of whether or not we like em, we may as well get used to the idea. They're coming.
What Mr. Brown said , they are coming whether you are going to accept them or not , it will only matter to you . As long as they get some to be really fast and quick and handle etc. , then I won't say no to riding one or owning one , one day . My current 2 bikes are keepers , I will keep and treasure as long as I am able to ride and longer , but you cannot stop future tech , so I am willing to give them a try .

I’m not surprised that Kawasaki is building e bikes. They seem to be the leader in the bike world. Zx10r they stepped the game up with and they built the Zx14r with a big motor. Then they built the h2. I think they’re showing everyone they want to be the leader. It would be nice to see SUZUKI step their game up

The only real drawback of e bikes is the range, I rode a Zero bike and it had gobs of torque right off the bottom...it also had the ability to set different power levels...

I did find the more you worked it the faster the battery drained (as I expected) could have been scary way back in the woods somewhere and the battery gives out.

Back