What is the definition of a real hard running streetable take anywhere busa?

KYBUSA502

Registered
What's a non turbo fast streetable busa consist of?? For roll racing, out the hole, and cruising, going out of state and still making big power?? No turbo

Street comfortable performance upgrades | Engine and Performance mods

:rolleyes:

What do you consider to be big power?

The reality of high power NA bikes is they generally suck on the street. This is largely do to the fact that once you near the 240hp mark, the cams needed to support that power at rather large. In the typical cruising and low rpm range they tend to do what’s call cam surge. So when trying to sustain a constant rpm, the engine surges up and down a few hundred rpm making for a jerky ride.

With N.A. bikes making over 240hp the compression ratio is usually right on the edge of the limits of 93 pump gas. Catch a bad tank of fuel, and you could potentially run in to some costly repairs.

Nearing the 250 and up HP range and you’re talking about a substantial increase in displacement. A larger engine coupled with high compression and they tend to have a hard time staying cool specially in the southern states.

Also, on the topic of large displacement, you’re usually talking about a sizable increase in stroke. This causes two issues. One: the big end of the rods have much more extreme of an angle to them. This puts a lot more load on the rod bearing causing the bearing to wear much faster. This also makes stroker motors more susceptible to spinning rod bearings. If you’ve followed motorcycle forum for sale sections, or are on sales pages on Facebook, if someone’s selling a stroker crank, it’s usually under one of two circumstances. It’s a good deal because it has one or more spun rod journals, but can be repaired. Or it just came back from being repaired because it spun a rod bearing.

The other common problem with large stroker motors excessive wear to the thrust sides of the pistons. Because of the extreme rod angle and traveling so far down in the bore, the pistons tend to rock in bore.

Lastly, most of the stroker cranks on the market are re-welds unless you’re willing to drop some major coin on a billet crank. The camshafts also tend to be re-welds too. The welded portions are notorious for failing and causing expensive repairs. That why I insisted on using billet camshafts for my Warhead package that I install on some of my turbo builds.

IMO Making “big power” NA yeilds the lowest HP per dollar spent. Going off carpenter racing’s website $5300 will get you 230-240hp. The next step is the 265hp package for $12,000!!! Or you could spring for the 290hp package for $16,000. You’d have to absolutely hate money to spend that much for so little power in comparison to going turbo. Take one of my turbo kits for example. For less then $4k and a weekend in the garage you can bolt on 260hp on a stock motor on 93 pump gas. Buy a $45 can of e98, and jump the hp to 300hp just by pouring in fuel and switching the map.

But if that instant torque, is enough to make you refuse going turbo, I can always get you set up with a supercharger.

Supercharging would be my ultimate goal

Ever since I built this bike, I’ve been sold on super chargers ever since. For the daily street warrior/commuter looking for less then 350whp I’d suggest a blower over turbo any day of the week. INSTANT boost, and torque for days. Plus they just sound so damn good.

I’ve ridden bikes that make twice as much power. This bike was just flat out fun.

I have a mild 1397 in my bike and I love it. Hit the gas it moves out hard and no lag. But if you have a need for speed go turbo. Look in the turbo section I just did a rcc stage 1 for a friend and made 280 whp on pump 110 race gas. He’s into it for 10k that’s everything included. Really not a bad deal and runs great on the street. If you go all motor go with a mild 1441 call it good. But like boosted said going turbo is cheap per horsepower. Plus it’s easier to turn the bike up compared to a na bike where you would have to pull the motor and do bigger cams and other stuff for more power. Nitrous is fun but you will be the slow one in the group when the bottle runs out

I have a mild 1397 in my bike and I love it. Hit the gas it moves out hard and no lag. But if you have a need for speed go turbo. Look in the turbo section I just did a rcc stage 1 for a friend and made 280 whp on pump 110 race gas. He’s into it for 10k that’s everything included. Really not a bad deal and runs great on the street. If you go all motor go with a mild 1441 call it good. But like boosted said going turbo is cheap per horsepower. Plus it’s easier to turn the bike up compared to a na bike where you would have to pull the motor and do bigger cams and other stuff for more power. Nitrous is fun but you will be the slow one in the group when the bottle runs out
I like te idea of stroker maybe 220-240hp. Turbo is cool & bang for buck but how much is useable power or just ego/hp chaseing? I enjoy laying power down in straights turns & everywhere in between. I want to hold court everywhere not just a staight line. Seems half of piolets can't even wring out big hp #s in a straight line. They are doing the same thing just quicker by a bit.

I know there is a major difference, but I've had both supercharged & turbo'd cars. If I had my choice, I'd have SC any day of the week. I suppose there was a reason Kwaka went supercharged and not turbo on the H2.

If I had some spare $$, I'd build a SC busa tomorrow.
I'm the opposite. I've had blower and turbo cars, currently have a blower car. It's fun to drive, but I'm looking forward to my next move, which will involve having a turbo car again.

I can take my busa to the strip

I can take my Busa on back roads and surprise GSXR 750’s and R6’s

I can take my Busa out on the highway and piss off ZX14R’s

Never did a track day but with a 6” arm it’s not impossible to do

I can ride my Busa 800 miles in a day and not worry about my engine melting......

It’s not all about HP and straight line speed. If you trim the fat off the Busa and increase HP you’ve got a well rounded potent combination that can allow you to have a Swiss Army Knife Style of bike.

220 to 240.is not going to make you king of the hill for very long Strokers are not exactly the best thing for a long lived street bike

The Op will be forever chasing his tail to keep ahead of the competition...these new liter bikes are literally rockets. IF Kawasaki decides to upgrade the ZX14R, that will put this all to bed.

I personally figure Kawasaki will ditch the ZX14R and expand their H2 line.

I personally figure Kawasaki will ditch the ZX14R and expand their H2 line.

Nah.... the 14R ain’t going nowhere. Despite my disdain for Cowasaki it’s not a bad bike it just pales in comparison to the Busa IMO.

The thing you gotta remember is the Busa and 14R cater to a select demographic of riders. If your over 6”2 and north of 250lbs you ain’t fitting on no H2!!! Or any sportbike for that matter EXCEPT a Busa and 14R. There’s a lot of big boys out there that like to go fast on 2 wheels. Aside from the fast part that’s why Harley still sells bikes..... Those Asian and Euro bikes are built for people of smaller stature. So if your a big guy and wanna be comfortable on 2 wheels and possibly carry a passenger your options are limited.

That’s probably another reason why the adventure bike market has upticked. Most of the guys I see getting off Africa Twins and KTM Adventures are well over 6ft

Back