Its 2019, isnt there something better than a airshifter

Info dump: You can get a compressor at Wal-Mart. Just go to the automotive section, buy the cheapest 12v compressor, and tear it apart. I prefer to use the air fittings with brass compression ferrules because they withstand the stresses put on them by bending the line around in the bike. The push locks are good at the cylinder for easy service but they don't work as well when there is a tight bend in the poly line near them. You can get the 1/4" line and fittings at your local farm store. Carolina Cycle is a dependable regulator. Some of the older MPS kill boxes will cause the FI light to come on during a run but it resets after restart. I have a used Cycle Tek kill box that doesn't do this if anybody is interested. If running a Gen2 bike it is better to just flash the ECU for the kill. You don't need to purchase an ECU kill harness, it is very easy to wire up yourself. As mentioned, the cylinder and solenoids can be sourced from industrial supply houses or a nice kit can be bought from Dynotunenitrous at a price that probably is no more than sourcing your own stuff and paying shipping. I bought my own C02 bottle at Airgas and fill my own bottles since the sporting goods store was only filling them half way and wouldn't fill bottles that were past the certification date.
Great info my friend:banana::super::thumbsup::race:

I bet that shifting is awesome

I bet its has the upmost reliability also

Why hasn't anyone tried to build such tech for a sportbike

Its 2019 for gods sakes lol

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::poke::race:

I bet that shifting is awesome

I bet its has the upmost reliability also

Why hasn't anyone tried to build such tech for a sportbike

Its 2019 for gods sakes lol

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::poke::race:
I agree. People down the GW but ride it and you get off the bike and think "Humm, I get it". Apparently Suzuki files a patent for an automatic transmission added to what appears to be a Busa.

Edit: It's amazing how in automatic mode the GW seems to always be in the right gear. Makes the weak engine on the GW actually fun to ride!

I agree. People down the GW but ride it and you get off the bike and think "Humm, I get it". Apparently Suzuki files a patent for an automatic transmission added to what appears to be a Busa.

Edit: It's amazing how in automatic mode the GW seems to always be in the right gear. Makes the weak engine on the GW actually fun to ride!

...still not selling me....I will NEVER own a motorcycle with an auto transmission. I will give up the sport of motorcycling first. I am generally max flex but I have to draw the line somewhere. If the Gen 3 Busa comes out with one, my 09 had better last me a long time.

...still not selling me....I will NEVER own a motorcycle with an auto transmission. I will give up the sport of motorcycling first. I am generally max flex but I have to draw the line somewhere. If the Gen 3 Busa comes out with one, my 09 had better last me a long time.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::banghead::poke:

What is the difference between an auto transmission and a quick shifter? You can shift the GW manually if that rubs your nuts, still the GW can do it better than you, lol! I'm not an image guy, for me what I like is all about analysis. I looked hard at the GW when I bought the BMW and I'm still not sure the GW isn't a better bike. I also think enhanced motorcycles are a good thing and make the ride safer, and in some ways more enjoyable. If we stick our heads in the sand some kids who were born 17 years ago will drive the future of bikes. I get no one on a Busa forum will admit they are GW curious, but I bet more of you 50+ guys have an eye on them than not.

What is the difference between an auto transmission and a quick shifter? You can shift the GW manually if that rubs your nuts, still the GW can do it better than you, lol! I'm not an image guy, for me what I like is all about analysis. I looked hard at the GW when I bought the BMW and I'm still not sure the GW isn't a better bike. I also think enhanced motorcycles are a good thing and make the ride safer, and in some ways more enjoyable. If we stick our heads in the sand some kids who were born 17 years ago will drive the future of bikes. I get no one on a Busa forum will admit they are GW curious, but I bet more of you 50+ guys have an eye on them than not.

Some, not me....I've ridden them along with other large touring bikes, everything from full decker H-Ds, to Gold Wings to Beemers and they aren't for me-to each their own.

I have a quick shifter on my bike that I have never hooked up-I can shift just fine for the style of riding I do.

On this issue, my head is firmly set in the sand and shall not waiver in my convictions.

Let the kids who were born 17 yrs ago drive the future, by the time they get enough ambition to put their cell phones down, I will have moved onto another plain of existence.

I really like the F6B or whatever Honda is calling it now, but I'm not sure I'd own one. Like everything Honda does, it's got no soul. Quick, but not a great performer: good looking but not gorgeous; dead reliable, but not inspiring. Honda has had that corporate philosophy forever, and they're successful with it. Cars, bikes, hell even planes. Efficiency is what they do best.

I really like the F6B or whatever Honda is calling it now, but I'm not sure I'd own one. Like everything Honda does, it's got no soul. Quick, but not a great performer: good looking but not gorgeous; dead reliable, but not inspiring. Honda has had that corporate philosophy forever, and they're successful with it. Cars, bikes, hell even planes. Efficiency is what they do best.

Had they continued to develop the Super Blackbird, it would have been a real hyper bike contender.

They (Honda) have had and still have good ideas and maybe they are looking forward with an auto transmission for the future riders who will not know how or want to shift.

I can kind of see the advantage of having this system when sitting at a long light. But then again I can shift to neutral.

Had they continued to develop the Super Blackbird, it would have been a real hyper bike contender.

They (Honda) have had and still have good ideas and maybe they are looking forward with an auto transmission for the future riders who will not know how or want to shift.

I can kind of see the advantage of having this system when sitting at a long light. But then again I can shift to neutral.
Lmao lmao lmao

Dude is ruthless "then again, I can shift into neutral" lmao, obviously u love to shift lol:thumbsup::lol:

The blackbird should still be here
Honda sucks jus for letting it go

Some, not me....I've ridden them along with other large touring bikes, everything from full decker H-Ds, to Gold Wings to Beemers and they aren't for me-to each their own.

I have a quick shifter on my bike that I have never hooked up-I can shift just fine for the style of riding I do.

On this issue, my head is firmly set in the sand and shall not waiver in my convictions.

Let the kids who were born 17 yrs ago drive the future, by the time they get enough ambition to put their cell phones down, I will have moved onto another plain of existence.
That's cool bro, guess theres no real point in discussing it further, Lol!

That's cool bro, guess theres no real point in discussing it further, Lol!

Of course there is, I have said my piece but I am only one voice amongst many.

I am not shutting the thread down by any means....a discussion is just that a discussion..if we all agreed on something we'd be living a pretty boring life IMO.
:beerchug:

Absolutely. I have an Accord and I tell people I hate it because it's absolutely perfectly normal. I wouldn't put the GW in that category (not sure any motorcycle goes there). But on a long run I sort of feel like the bike shouldn't be the issue constantly demanding your attention. The BMW is very demanding, even the Busa can be less of a bitch on a long trip!

Absolutely. I have an Accord and I tell people I hate it because it's absolutely perfectly normal. I wouldn't put the GW in that category (not sure any motorcycle goes there). But on a long run I sort of feel like the bike shouldn't be the issue constantly demanding your attention. The BMW is very demanding, even the Busa can be less of a bitch on a long trip!
I must say I agree there

Of course there is, I have said my piece but I am only one voice amongst many.

I am not shutting the thread down by any means....a discussion is just that a discussion..if we all agreed on something we'd be living a pretty boring life IMO.
:beerchug:

I was just joking with you buddy. I was just like you but when the health issues started to impact "Busa time" I started to "open my mind". What I love about the Busa is it was sort of like a superhero suit. When I got on I was instantly switched into aggressive mode and I felt like I was 35. I felt like I needed to have a smoke when I was done with a ride. Funny thing is as long as I was on the bike I was 35 even if I rode for 8-10 hours at a time. But when I got off I was 57 again and had to deal with the pain and stiffness. That's why I bought the BMW. I thought 160 hp wasn't so far from 190 hp, maybe it was a touring bike that had the Busa magic. Not so, nothing is a Busa.

I was just joking with you buddy. I was just like you but when the health issues started to impact "Busa time" I started to "open my mind". What I love about the Busa is it was sort of like a superhero suit. When I got on I was instantly switched into aggressive mode and I felt like I was 35. I felt like I needed to have a smoke when I was done with a ride. Funny thing is as long as I was on the bike I was 35 even if I rode for 8-10 hours at a time. But when I got off I was 57 again and had to deal with the pain and stiffness. That's why I bought the BMW. I thought 160 hp wasn't so far from 190 hp, maybe it was a touring bike that had the Busa magic. Not so, nothing is a Busa.

I have a couple physical health issues that impact my duration in the saddle so I hear you there.

I was about to get out of motorcycling altogether but my wife knew I always wanted a Hayabusa and encouraged me to find one thinking it would help my mental health issues...and it has.

Some people get therapy dogs and I got a therapy motorcycle..

I have a couple physical health issues that impact my duration in the saddle so I hear you there.

I was about to get out of motorcycling altogether but my wife knew I always wanted a Hayabusa and encouraged me to find one thinking it would help my mental health issues...and it has.

Some people get therapy dogs and I got a therapy motorcycle..
And a fantastic wife it appears!

Back