GUN CONTROL........ hahaha

I agree completely, but policymaking is, by definition, a compromise. Every possible contingency cannot be accounted for, nor every need addressed. This is especially true where not all those who the policy will constrain view issues in the same light. As a counter to your position for example, what about the person who buys a gun on the spot to defend themselves in the scenario you describe, but that gun is taken from them and used against them? The argument would then be that had they not had access to a weapon at that time they would still be alive. I don't necessarily agree with that position, I think that it's more complicated than that, but the logic holds.
The bottom line in this particular part of the gun control debate is this: some people believe a waiting period is a good thing and have caused legislation reflecting that to be enacted, for others the reverse is true. There are valid points on both sides of the debate, but I personally think the inconvenience posed by enforcing a waiting period is insignificant compared to the good it does.

I don't really believe we should have to wait to exercise our constitutional rights.

I used to have to wait 15 days in Ca. to get a gun. It did not make sense because I already had a gun. Maybe for first time buyers it would make more sense. I have no problem with background checks. They can do them while you wait there at the POS.

Here I can just go in and maybe trade a gun or get a new one a take my new one home. It is nice and convenient.

I heard on the news today that some hit man acting as a delivery man had a crossbow in the box and shot the lady in the chest when she answered the door. Luckily she lived.

People will always find a way or weapon to do harm. If not guns it will be trucks, cars, knives, hammers, hatchets, bats, or whatever.

I don't really believe we should have to wait to exercise our constitutional rights.

I used to have to wait 15 days in Ca. to get a gun. It did not make sense because I already had a gun. Maybe for first time buyers it would make more sense. I have no problem with background checks. They can do them while you wait there at the POS.

Here I can just go in and maybe trade a gun or get a new one a take my new one home. It is nice and convenient.

I heard on the news today that some hit man acting as a delivery man had a crossbow in the box and shot the lady in the chest when she answered the door. Luckily she lived.

People will always find a way or weapon to do harm. If not guns it will be trucks, cars, knives, hammers, hatchets, bats, or whatever.
Your position on not having to wait is valid, I just don't agree with you. Not saying you're wrong or I'm right outside of our respective opinions, just that we disagree.
I do agree that a 15 day waiting period is excessive, even the current 10 day period in California is unnecessarily restrictive. As long as everyone is doing their job in terms of uploading information into the system, POS background checks are perfectly acceptable. Until that system is in place and reasonably error free, I'm in favor of a waiting period. 72 hours seems about right.
The argument that because people will find a way to circumvent them we shouldn't have a law is illogical. If that's the case we shouldn't have any laws, and nobody really wants to live like that. We have to have restrictions on our behaviors in order to live in a society, how, where and upon whom those restrictions are placed is the key to any given society's success.

Your position on not having to wait is valid, I just don't agree with you. Not saying you're wrong or I'm right outside of our respective opinions, just that we disagree.
I do agree that a 15 day waiting period is excessive, even the current 10 day period in California is unnecessarily restrictive. As long as everyone is doing their job in terms of uploading information into the system, POS background checks are perfectly acceptable. Until that system is in place and reasonably error free, I'm in favor of a waiting period. 72 hours seems about right.
The argument that because people will find a way to circumvent them we shouldn't have a law is illogical. If that's the case we shouldn't have any laws, and nobody really wants to live like that. We have to have restrictions on our behaviors in order to live in a society, how, where and upon whom those restrictions are placed is the key to any given society's success.

Has anyone proposed term limits yet? We need to completely clean out Washington and put people in office that vote according to their constituents. California is now saying conceal carry is not protected in the 2nd amendment, here they come folks.
I have no use for a career politician. I had high hopes for Trump, we doomed, no matter what person is in office, in the Senate, or the House. NO ONE is thinking you or me.

I would LOVE to see this. The idea of taxing a right out of financial reach, should be illegal.

It's not so much the 200 dollar fee that bothers me, or the fact that so many people want suppressors or sbr's or what have you that the wait is currently nearly a year. It's the idea that you're putting yourself on a list. I'm absolutely not comfortable with that. I have nothing to hide, I'm currently a government employee, and I can absolutely see how a list of that nature could be used by those with nefarious intent as the beginning of a no poop, by force gun grab. Any system that lends itself to the disarming of an otherwise law abiding populace is inherently nefarious. The second amendment is to make sure the Government is afraid of it's citizens. The constitution was written by imperfect men who had just overthrown a tyrannical dictatorship, and they fully intended for the people to have access to the same weapons as the military, just in case the government got a little big for it's britches.

Has anyone proposed term limits yet? We need to completely clean out Washington and put people in office that vote according to their constituents. California is now saying conceal carry is not protected in the 2nd amendment, here they come folks.
I have no use for a career politician. I had high hopes for Trump, we doomed, no matter what person is in office, in the Senate, or the House. NO ONE is thinking you or me.
None of the founders were term limited. Just saying

The average life expectancy in the late 1700's was around 35. They didn't need term limits.
Most all of the founder lives well past that. life expectancy for the rich wasnt much less than now. George Washington was the richest man in America.

Most all of the founder lives well past that. life expectancy for the rich wasnt much less than now. George Washington was the richest man in America.
lol.... its funny u mention the founding fathers.... THEY wouldn't have put up with any of this current BS..... gun laws? letting shemales use whatever bathroom they please or IDENTIFY with.... lol.... terrorists,,,,, the founding fathers would have wiped out entire countries IF THEY attacked us.... and u know it.

lol.... its funny u mention the founding fathers.... THEY wouldn't have put up with any of this current BS..... gun laws? letting shemales use whatever bathroom they please or IDENTIFY with.... lol.... terrorists,,,,, the founding fathers would have wiped out entire countries IF THEY attacked us.... and u know it.
that is not the case. The founders were essentially isolationists. they didn't even want a standing federal army to "get into all sorts of mischief ". We were also mainly pink farmers, defeating the British mainly because of a serious lack of commitment by the Brits and the French doing the heavy lifting. Not diminishing the founders accomplishment, just looking at history factually. All the rich land owners who signed on to the revolution were traitors who would be hung if caught by the Brits.

People have got to stop imagining history. You can learn from history, you can't learn from a fairy tale.

I don't know if shemale is accepted terminology, but yes, they went to war over a 3% tax on tea.

that is not the case. The founders were essentially isolationists. they didn't even want a standing federal army to "get into all sorts of mischief ". We were also mainly pink farmers, defeating the British mainly because of a serious lack of commitment by the Brits and the French doing the heavy lifting. Not diminishing the founders accomplishment, just looking at history factually. All the rich land owners who signed on to the revolution were traitors who would be hung if caught by the Brits.

People have got to stop imagining history. You can learn from history, you can't learn from a fairy tale.
lol.... u stop dreaming......... u gotta be kidding me.

lol.... u stop dreaming......... u gotta be kidding me.
Before you go to law school, take an American history class. you are apparently still victim to high school propaganda history. Know the real story and you will be amazed America even happened at all!

I don't know if shemale is accepted terminology, but yes, they went to war over a 3% tax on tea.
but but but...…… lol.... the founding fathers wouldn't have put up with any peace talks/negotiations..... see the civil war..... over states rights and the power of the FEDERAL govt...…….. the sothern statezs thought they could do whatever thjey wanted........ so we slaughtered them..... the modern day liberals or democratic party were slave owners..... what does that tell a person?

Last edited:
The amount of misinformation and revisionist history in this thread is hilarious. It's blatantly obvious who's read books and who hasn't....
hey 2-face.... smile in anyones face and blast them in the back lately? shameful... I don't like ure values.....

Back