Dash problem

CarlT

Registered
Need some advice please. K8 Busa standard been stood for a month or so battery went flat tried to start and gauges stuck Speedo and rev counter and no digital display fuel and temp at max. Managed to get the battery back into life and start bike. Gauges still stuck with no display. Disconnect battery and all gauges now back to zero. Bike starts although sometimes stalls at tickover. No gauges work or display but everything else works ie neutral light indicator high beam. Fuses all ok Any ideas ? If I replace battery will the dash reset ?

I had my ZX-14's gauges all stick at 12 o'clock one time. Can't member what the exact problem was but I think it was something very simple like a dead battery. I seem to recall a good charge restored everything to normal. The gauges cycled and went to 0 and then the bike started up with normally functioning gauges. I will mention I think this battery is on the way out after 9 years. It does not hold a charge like new anymore but still gets the job done as long as I ride the bike every week. It's a Shorai. 9 years is a good lifespan for a battery.

Back