Bike not idling when cold

Vetteman761

Registered
Yea got my motor in guys and the bike will not idle when cold, have to give it throttle till it warms up, before i swapped motors it did not do this, does anyone think that it could be the coolant temp sensor? Or anything else could cause this?

Same throttle bodies? Or different set?
Check for fault codes in the ECM, then try turning up the idle at the idle adjustment cable knob, just above the clutch cover.

Same throttle bodies? Or different set?
Check for fault codes in the ECM, then try turning up the idle at the idle adjustment cable knob, just above the clutch cover.
Same throttle bodies, checked and no codes, and turned up idle but when it warmed up the idle was at like 3k rpms

Just checked pressure constant 43ish, and fast idle is off shrug, it didnt need fast idle with other motor and it was cold then outside

If you have a laser thermometer, hit each of the exhausts and see if any of the cylinders have a large variance.

Have you balanced the vacuum/synchronized the throttle bodies? Every motor is going to have different flow in each cylinder.

If you have a laser thermometer, hit each of the exhausts and see if any of the cylinders have a large variance.

Have you balanced the vacuum/synchronized the throttle bodies? Every motor is going to have different flow in each cylinder.
Late reply from me but no I have not done that yet, need to get on fleabay or amazon and get synchronizer

Back