My new BUSA :)

Thanks all for nice comments,

I bleed clutch and put new dot 4 oil. It was nasty, black oil inside. Before it was very hard to pull clutcch lever. I hoped it will soften after new oil but it was not.
Is it normal for Busa to have hard clutch?
I can compare with my FZS 1000 and it is harder on my Busa.

Please, is it normal, and if not what to do?

Thanks a lot

Thanks all for
nice comments .

I bleed clutch and put new dot 4 oil .

It was nasty ,
black oil
inside .

Before it was very hard to pull clutch lever .

I hoped it will soften after new oil but it was not .

Is it normal for Busa to have hard clutch ?

I can compare with my FZS 1000
and it is harder on my Hayabusa .

Please ,
is it normal ,
and if not what to do ?

Thanks a lot .

Problem:
Brakes are fine when bike is not moving. After making couple of turns, manually pushing bike, then brake is lost pressure. I have to pump it couple of times to get brake bites again.

Noticed brake pads are 1mm tick, so has to be replaced.

Is it possible that bad brake pads (warn out) are making this kind of behavior?

Problem:
Brakes are fine when bike is not moving. After making couple of turns, manually pushing bike, then brake is lost pressure. I have to pump it couple of times to get brake bites again.

It almost sounds like a bent rotor...

Problem:

Likely a bad brake line.
The turning of the bars moves the lines.
If a line has a small hole, that movement will help it leak.
Also, I had a Bking and the clutch would not stay bled. Long story short, it was the line.
There was no visible fluid leak at any time.
After a MC and slave cylinder rebuild, and still no pressure, I put a new ss line on...fixed.
So, hard as it is to belive, Yes, a brake line can have an air leak, yet no fluid escape, as the stock rubber lines are multi-layered.
I didn't belive it after until multiple bleeding attempts and finally the new line either.
If the brakes fade away and don't come back, with no lever pressure, and you've rebuilt the MC and bled it correctly, it's a brake line/hose.
If it's a bent rotor, the bend will push piston(s) back too far with each rotation, requiring the brakes to be pumped to push the piston back out(since the pads will not currently be contacting the rotor).
But, as soon as the bend contacts the pads again, the brakes fade as the piston was again pushed too far back into the caliper.
Lever pressure will always build back though.
So, if the wheel doesn't turn, and the brake lever feel is good, roll the bike a couple inches, and the brakes still bite good, the rotor(s) may be bent.
Remove the calipers, spin the wheel, and watch them. A dial indicator attached is the correct way to test.
If you simply lose lever pressure, it does not pump back up, the MC is rebuilt, and there is no visible fluid leaks anywhere, then it's the brake line(s).

Also
I don't remember the front pad thickness, but, if they are too thin, they will not stay in contact with the rotors properly, so you would have to pump the brakes.
Pads would have to be very thin for them to be the cause, but it is possible.

ALSO IF your rotor is badly warped you should feel a pulsing in and out at the brake lever. You may not but if you do definitely warped rotor. New pads will help but the pistons are working they should be able to push the pads out and keep them there I would think. But they need to be replaced regardless

Thank you friends for your help!

Problem I have is in my country there are no service shops or stores where I can go and buy needed parts :(
Everything I have to order online and then wait 2 - 3 weeks until parts arrive.

I can't test bike on open road and to see if it is pulsating. It is not registered yet. I can drive it just little bit around underground garage. I just noticed that it loose pressure in brakes after wheel turns.

I took wheel off and noticed right rotor is warped. Also brake pads are worn out.

Just ordered new pads and rotors so until parts arrive I can't do nothing. Have to wait at least 3 weeks :(
Good thing is weather is bad, still winter so it is bit easier to wait.

Thanks again and best regards

Last edited:

Problem I have is in my country there are no service shops or stores where I can go and buy needed parts :(

I can't test bike on open road and to see if it is pulsating. It is not registered yet. I can drive it just little bit around underground garage. I just noticed that it loose pressure in brakes after wheel turns.

I took wheel off and noticed right rotor is warped. Also brake pads are worn out.

Just ordered new pads and rotors so until parts arrive I can't do nothing. Have to wait at least 3 weeks :(

Glad you found the problem, it takes very little to put these rotors out of true as they are floating type.

Same thing happened on my Bandit and it was a bent rotor.

Hello my friend. I am from Athens Greece
I have my own rotors for sale it;sgood condition as you see.
In 7 days you will have them at home
send me a p m if you are interested

13765532_0_b.jpg
13765532_3_b.jpg

Thanks but I already order new rotors. Now just waiting to arrive. If I wasn't order it I will take these for sure.

Thanks anyway

Your major problem on brakes are the hoses. Manual says to replace every 4 years. Same happened to me.
If you put a Galfer, HEL or Brembo, you'll have good brakes almost forever.
EBC or Brembo pads goes very good too.
Brake fluid should use 5.1 100% synthetic.

If you don't have a service shop your life will be a bit harder, but you should disassembly all suspension and put new grease on it and new fork oil.
Should replace spark plugs too, also all fluids, specially radiator.

You'll only know if your fuel injection system is ok after 240kmh of speed. Hayabusa is always strong and scares you how hard it pushes. If it doesn't scare you, for sure there is some problem! Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Good luck man! I do my maintenance by myself here in Brazil. All you did to your bike I already did to mine. I have the service manual if you want. It helps A LOT. Just send me your whatsapp number and I'll send it to you!

Ask the guys here BEFORE get in trouble in the maintenance! This forum saved me A LOT of money!

Congrats for the bike!

Thanks very much for advices,

I already have service manual, downloaded from web :)
I will order new hoses for sure. I am still waiting for parts to arrive. Could't wait to fix it and drive it for first time :)
I am OK to do maintenance, use to it with my previous bikes. Actually that is great way to spent cold winter days doing stuff to my bike :)

I will report, hope in couple of weeks how my first drive went.

Cheers

Yes, it was rotors. New arrived and after install brakes are fine again. Is there way to straighten rotorss?

Today I made first ride :)
Not much, maybe 20 km but it was great joy for me. It is comfortable enough but will be decide on that after longer drive.
Managed to go to 8-9000 rpm in second, it
realy goes :)

Coffee in Sarajevo

85B4D8B2-051D-46B1-B9E4-318E626ACA44.jpeg

Last edited:
Back