Is this a true service manual?

The blue section is for 2013, and up ABS system. Notice your book has same part# bottom right as my book .

DSC_2146.JPG

DSC_2147.JPG

DSC_2148.JPG

Thanks C10. I measured mine and it matches. Went ahead and opened it up and while the pages aren’t blue it does have the ABS section. Pretty sure it’s just a photocopied book put together but it’s clear and was only $50. I’ll work with it.

Thanks all for the help.

Thanks C10. I measured mine and it matches. Went ahead and opened it up and while the pages aren’t blue it does have the ABS section. Pretty sure it’s just a photocopied book put together but it’s clear and was only $50. I’ll work with it.

Thanks all for the help.

I'm still a bit confused. Do you mean that your manual thickness is the same as c10's manual total thickness (i.e. white and blue sections combined) ?

I have pdf manual with 663 pages and it covers only k8 and k9. k9 part is just supplementary. There's no mention about ABS at all.

I'm still a bit confused. Do you mean that your manual thickness is the same as c10's manual total thickness (i.e. white and blue sections combined) ?

I have pdf manual with 663 pages and it covers only k8 and k9. k9 part is just supplementary. There's no mention about ABS at all.
What the OP has is a factory service manual, some of them come from the dealer loose leaf. Maybe it varies according to the year of printing, IDK.
Its likely you have an K8 or K9 edition of the manual, it doesn't have abs supplement because it wasn't available on the 2008/9 bikes.

What the OP has is a factory service manual, some of them come from the dealer loose leaf. Maybe it varies according to the year of printing, IDK.
Its likely you have an K8 or K9 edition of the manual, it doesn't have abs supplement because it wasn't available on the 2008/9 bikes.

Yes, mine is sold as Service Manual for 2008-2012 models. However, the supplement part covers k9 only.
I'd like to get supplement part for 2010-2016 models too. What is not clear is that does OP's manual cover all model years from 2008 to current, or just 2013 with ABS section.

Yes, mine is sold as Service Manual for 2008-2012 models. However, the supplement part covers k9 only.
I'd like to get supplement part for 2010-2016 models too. What is not clear is that does OP's manual cover all model years from 2008 to current, or just 2013 with ABS section.
I'd imagine that would depend on the year of printing. Perhaps he'll let us know.

Just bought this for my Gen 2. For my Gen 1 I had a Clymer manual which is clearly a real book. This just seems like photocopies but due to the size, I wasn’t sure if that’s just how it comes. Is this a real factory service manual or did I just buy photocopied knockoff?
Has anyone used the haynes version, or any other versions? Any reasons why or why not?

It's not a real copy. It's a common reprint with plastic spine and back. For the price they work, but not as nice as OEM.

Back