My new BUSA :)

tatko

Registered
Greetings from Bosnia :)

Just bought this baby. It is 2010 and all stack with 7500 miles on it. Still didn't get chance to ride it, currently preparing it for the season.

My previous bikes are: Super Tenere xtz 750, then another one and then Yamaha FZS 1000 which I will keep because I love it much :)
So I'll have FZS 1000 for town, Busa for longer trips.

My question:
Busa was registered and driven only first year 2011. It as not driven for past 8 years :o

I intend to do following:
- New tires
- Brake fluid change (brakes, clutch)
- Oil and filter
- Cleaning chain
- Set up suspension front/rear
- Check air filter
- Fuel filter
- Lubricate all major points according to manual

Busa starts fine, go nice, it is like new :)

Please is there anything else that I have to check on Busa that stood still for 8 years?

Thanks a lot
Hayabusa.jpg

Sounds like you got the list of things needed to be check pretty right my friend . The bike looks to be in great condition , except I think the color scheme is earlier than 2010 , I am thinking 2008 year in that color sold in Australia . We could have a later release in that scheme in Europe I guess !!
Anyway , let us know how you go , and welcome to the Org .

Welcome, that is a very nice looking bike. You are on the right track in getting it up and running.

and, you have some beautiful roads and scenery to look at while riding it as well, make sure to take a few pictures of your rides...it will bring back memories for me.

Welcome!
A Gen II, beautiful bike!
You might ask the forum's opinion on the entire fuel system, especially if the bike sat that long with fuel in. My bike also sat for a while before purchase (but not 8 yrs) and I found a bit of slime inside the gas tank BEFORE its first fuel-up but not after.
Congratulations, you will not be disappointed in the bike or this forum.

Welcome! Beautiful Busa, great find. I had an '03 FZ1 (Fazer to the rest of the world) and loved it, wish I had had your wisdom and kept it. Great around town bike.

My previous was also an FZ1, '14, stolen a month ago, and was my favorite bike. I find the Hayabusa weird in that it feels heavier than the FZ1 when pushing it around with my feet (because it is, by about 100 lbs), significantly lighter when riding/cornering/lane-splitting. Does anyone else find the rider-input on a Busa coming slightly more from the hips than on other bikes, or is that just me?

Very nice looking Busa. I also had a 1st gen FZ1 Fazer a few years back. My first sport tourer coming off cruisers.

Welcome, that is a very nice looking bike. You are on the right track in getting it up and running.

and, you have some beautiful roads and scenery to look at while riding it as well, make sure to take a few pictures of your rides...it will bring back memories for me.
You lived in Bosnia as well yellow?

Welcome Tatko! Bike looks great. The busa is a wonderful addiction be prepared to let the money flow! The possibilities are endless with these machines but the smiles they bring us are all the same.

Back