Tire recommendations!

KodyH

Registered
Looking for tire recommendations. I’m looking to replace both tires on my bike (2004) I do a lot of very aggressive street riding and some time at the drag strip too. I can’t seem to keep tires more than a month or two so just seeing what everyone recommends before I pick some

5A3E73CC-8847-4ECA-AFB1-5F1C0C373AEF.jpeg

15FF91F2-57C3-4D95-A833-464511868266.png

Keep the fun and runna cheap tire. I’m running a shinko verge. I didn’t expect it to last more than one year and will prob get another season out of it. I do a lot of commuting but gotta let her eat.

Your tire has some odd lines in it. Is the middle just burnt down that far or did it run flat? Would also make sure wheel is centered.

Your close to a fellow org member @Dougyp333

4CC01AFB-BABC-4EA8-8798-14729474C103.jpeg

Use a Sport front and a Sport Touring rear on a Bsa, and they will wear out evenly front to rear.
I ride agressively, and can get around 2k-2500 miles on a front sport, and 1000-1500 on a sport rear.
With a sport touring rear, over 2k miles.
I also run around 34-36psi hot front and rear.
The weight and torque of the Busa eats tires.

The OP's tire looks like he has worn the center tread compound out, the sides look pretty new. You must never turn! Anyway I love Q3's, they wear pretty fast but I love them. They heat quick and they stand up to braking forces really well even at low psi.

The OP's tire looks like he has worn the center tread compound out, the sides look pretty new. You must never turn! Anyway I love Q3's, they wear pretty fast but I love them. They heat quick and they stand up to braking forces really well even at low psi.

Yep
and +1 on the Q3's, excellent sport tires

Q3+ wait for the dunlop rebate in about a month get a full set for $225. Not sure if there is a limit on how many rebates can get but stock up.

+1
I tried a couple Pilot Powers(Sport, not sport touring)on my Busa, and it ate them up quickly.
I personally dislike how they handle too.

Back