1397 To 1441 Is It Worth It?

busakiller

Registered
Hey guys I have a 1397 in my bike right now and iam happy with it but I want a little more power..... I plan on taking the motor out and having the motor split open so the transmission can be built. So since it's out of the bike and opened is it worth swapping in a gen 2 crank? Maybe bump up the compression too? It's a drag bike and I do highway pulls with it. I don't daily drive it or joy ride it. Just drag race or highway runs. What kind of power could I gain and is it worth the money?

i have swap complete stroker engine to this bike i got 205 rwhp i changed crankshaft connecting rod and cylinder with piston also the camshaft but the camshaft should purchase pin from brcks please see the attached photo

brocks-performance-offset-cam-pin-busa-08-13-page1.png

The gen1 crank haviyer than gen2 even the rod and pistons and the pin the gen 1 have 19mm pin the gen 2 have 18mm pin its better to swap the complete crank rod and piston

My bike is a gen 1. Not swapping to gen 2 stuff. Just curious if it's worth the money to go to a gen 2 crank? I know the torque will go up but will I gain 5 to 10 hp? Bike already has cams and ported head. Iam tempted to have the compression bumped up too.

My bike is a gen 1. Not swapping to gen 2 stuff. Just curious if it's worth the money to go to a gen 2 crank? I know the torque will go up but will I gain 5 to 10 hp? Bike already has cams and ported head. Iam tempted to have the compression bumped up too.
Ever do this?

High comp pistons will make more power than what you have now regardless of engine size
Balancing the rotating mass (crank rods and pistons) will make a happier motor with quicker spin up and reduced ET's
FWIW if you are going to get a new crank and bigger pistons do yourself a favour and put in Hi Compression pistons and stronger lighter rods too . Then balance the whole rotating mass since it is all apart anyway . the pistons will add to power and a balanced motor will be . noticably smoother, quicker to spin up and get to your max power quicker . When i did my old drag bike in that manner i saved significant time . Im sure most of that was from the pistons but the engine was smooth like water on a plate and spun up more quickly

Back