Let's see... How long is your daily commute?

Hopefully around Christmas 2022 i will be retired from work 35 years at one job is a long time just getting sick of groundhog day I guess In my free time I would go to the gym do some extra long tours on the bikes house work bicycle riding ect time flyers when you are having fun :thumbsup:

I'm about 14km each way, takes around 15mins some 50kph mostly 80kph, start either at 0600 or 1800 so no rush hour traffic :D

27kms each way for me... anywhere between 20 and 40 minutes, traffic depending.

I live near the end of a peninsula which has a major ferry terminal at its tip... every hour hundreds of cars/trucks get disgorged onto the one highway that runs from here to the "big" city at the south end of the island. If you get stuck in the ferry traffic, you're doomed. Better make yourself comfortable as you're going to be crawling along in bumper to bumper traffic... it doesn't help that our highway is peppered with level crossings with ill-timed traffic lights.

There are several other smaller twisty roads that do the same north-south run so those are the ones I stick to normally, but all it takes is one slow car and your commuting time doubles as there are very few areas you can pass, even on a fast bike.

Shouldn't we all have flying cars by now? Blade Runner lied!

Back