Mr Brown I need more weight !

That’s called a Sumo style deadlift. Narrow grip with a wider stance. Most women seem to use this stance vs traditional. It allows you to use more of your hips and also shortens the distance of the weight lifted. I’m not a fan of this style but to each their own
Isn't Sumo still shoulder width though with grasp in center bar area ? Her feet are a good distance past shoulder width

I prefer mixing straight leg deadlifts with squats. Good job C10. Good advice above about keeping the bar up against your shins. The exertion from weightlifting can be addicting :)

Isn't Sumo still shoulder width though with grasp in center bar area ? Her feet are a good distance past shoulder width

Your grip usually is slightly narrower and your legs are spread farther apart. This allows your arms to hang straight down and be on the inside of your legs vs outside with traditional stance. Some people even exaggerate this stance even farther to where they are almost doing a split. What it does is you are able to lift the weight up a shorter distance because your stance is so far apart. Kinda like when you see competition bench pressers how they arch their backs almost contorting them in an upside down U. This raises their chest and lowers their shoulders so the amount of distance that the weight is lowered and pressed is shortened dramatically.

Reactions: c10
Your grip usually is slightly narrower and your legs are spread farther apart. This allows your arms to hang straight down and be on the inside of your legs vs outside with traditional stance. Some people even exaggerate this stance even farther to where they are almost doing a split. What it does is you are able to lift the weight up a shorter distance because your stance is so far apart. Kinda like when you see competition bench pressers how they arch their backs almost contorting them in an upside down U. This raises their chest and lowers their shoulders so the amount of distance that the weight is lowered and pressed is shortened dramatically.
It is still a way of stroking the ego by cheating to move more weight; like the guy in gym that puts 8 45lb plates on each side of leg press then only bends his legs 3-4" then acts like he really did something.

Reactions: c10
It is still a way of stroking the ego by cheating to move more weight; like the guy in gym that puts 8 45lb plates on each side of leg press then only bends his legs 3-4" then acts like he really did something.

You mean like this? I go all the way back though :eek:

20181002_095435.jpg

Yes I leg press that
Then you are the man been putting in work. I never went past 8 plates and change for full reps but those were several surgeries and years ago. How does that leg press fell compared to a standard one? Looks a lot safer.

Then you are the man been putting in work. I never went past 8 plates and change for full reps but those were several surgeries and years ago. How does that leg press fell compared to a standard one? Looks a lot safer.

It's harder than a normal sled leg press but the angle on this machine is easier on the knees. That's why I use this compared to a normal leg press

Eddy Hall did a unbelievable WORLD RECORD 500KG DEADLIFT I wonder how long will that record last I imagine quite a while :thumbsup:

Back