You guys have gotta watch this!!

He's lucky he wasn't towed. OHP don't play. Another problem up there is that EVERY road's speed limit is no higher than 55 unless you're on an Interstate hiway..

He's lucky he wasn't towed. OHP don't play. Another problem up there is that EVERY road's speed limit is no higher than 55 unless you're on an Interstate hiway..
Yeah, but Wuzza, how could they tow him when he had all the correct paperwork in place? He knew exactly how to handle that cop, the cop was totally dumb, and embarrased at the end . . . I peed myself the way he said "I have another call to got to", trying to save face . . yeah well the whole world gets to see his stoopid face now :moon:

Yeah, but Wuzza, how could they tow him when he had all the correct paperwork in place? He knew exactly how to handle that cop, the cop was totally dumb, and embarrased at the end . . . I peed myself the way he said "I have another call to got to", trying to save face . . yeah well the whole world gets to see his stoopid face now :moon:
Unfortunately all officers don't know every law & some know a whole lot less than they should. In rare cases they are being given documents that they have never seen or even heard off. Say like an encounter with a sovereign citizen which basically means they don't recognize the governing country & opt out of their laws kind of like if they were a diplomat but in the country. Look it up talk about confused officers. Then again how involved & time does anyone want to invest with an sugar with a smart attitude when you know it is going to be a waste of time & you are on a clock.

It’s true that cops in general aren’t thoroughly educated in all legal matters they have to deal with but this one failed to maintain control of the situation that he himself initiated. Lack of proper registration or proof of ownership, even in Oregon, can’t be a felony and might be a misdemeanor but is probably only an infraction. Beyond that, all the cop should be interested in is was it stolen, which by using the VIN could’ve been learned almost immediately. The driver was obviously more, let’s say, sophisticated than the cop and the international type paperwork shown to the cop certainly could’ve seemed unusual to him but any cop should’ve been able to make a determination of ownership, registration and the validity of the driver’s license w/o looking like a confused dummy. Beyond that, he had no more business with that guy.

Agreed. I assume that every cop I am dealing with is not a good guy. I keep my hands in plain sight and all my movements are slow.
I don't care what they are for my safety & theirs i make sure they can see me, light on hands on steering wheel not moving untill they approch window. No chance for misunderstanding. I am of color & it is amazing how demeanor and attitudes can change when they find out you are on the job or retired.

There are always two sides of the coin obviously....with all the crap many police put up with, they can get callous and over vigilant when it comes to dealing with people. I have worked with many cops and my best friend has been one for 30 yrs.

He said you can be fooled by even the most unlikely people. They look like normal everyday citizens and when you least expect it, turn into crazy people.

I watch Live PD all the time and even though they are on camera and are probably being extra nice as result, it is crazy at how many people they encounter who have zero respect for anything including the cop.

Imagine what kind of world we would be living in if there were no police....it wouldn't be safe, that's for certain.

Agreed. I assume that every cop I am dealing with is not a good guy. I keep my hands in plain sight and all my movements are slow.

Just wanted to make clear that this comment was not a knock on cops just kind of my approach to life. I assume everyone is a bad actor until I'm shown different. Keeps things simple. It's just like assuming every cage driver is not going to see us when we are on our bikes.

How many people would ship a car to the USA for a month and then ship it back instead of just renting one?
I guess when you're filthy rich and money means nothing to you anymore 'cause you've got a never ending supply of it, and you have an emotional attachment to a car and you're part of a touring club, you just do it!
But there is a small group of people on this 3rd rock from the Sun that do exactly as they please, and enjoy every moment of their planed out life.
Renting a car just is not the same as taking your own, I mean I know a guy here in NZ that shipped his bike to the UK, rode it to the Isle of Man for the racing week, then went all over Europe on it for 3 months, and he's not rich at all. He just loves that bike.
I know another dude that shipped his BMW 1200GS to Vancouver Canada and toured Canada and the USA for 5 months. He's attached to his Beemer even more so now than he was before his trip.
It's more common than you'd think.

You may be right but if someone had a never ending supply of money - I would expect they would have
houses and cars and motorcycles and women all over the world and a jet to fly them anywhere they wanted to go, whether just for lunch or to spend the Winter in a warm place or the Summer in a cooler place.
An emotional attachment wouldn't be as strong because things wouldn't have the same value if
someone was filthy rich, in my opinion.
That's just a guess on my part as I will never have an unending supply of money.
So I do understand an emotional attachment as I have some for my bikes, however I don't know
if I would trust a Shipping Company to get my bike around the world and back again in mint condition.

Back