Good Laugh.. alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote from your post Mr Brown "....and we should work towards fixing the flaws in the structure that render the dream that this country offers more accessible to some Americans than others. " I agree with this statement 100%. Now a question for you. How can we have the conversations about these problems/fixes without someone yelling "racism"? At the institution I work at my opinion is not wanted (by many but not all) for the simple fact that I am a strait, white, male. It annoys me because if I treated those folks the same I would get crucified.
I believe we must approach conversations about difficult topics from a position of mutual respect, and on a foundation of fact. For example, if your opinion is based on something other than race, and you have explained that, claims that you're being or are racist are absurd. Racism is an actual 'thing' which has a specific definition. So claims that the "Muslim ban" is racist frustrate me, Islam is not a race, so even if that policy is discriminatory it rests on religion so cannot be racist, by definition. Then there is the idea of responsibility. It's absurd to blame you for structural disadvantage. You didn't wake up this morning and choose to be part of a privileged group any more than other's chose not to. Make that point, along with explaining your understanding of disadvantage as it applies to both you and others, but without making them seem equivalent. There are degrees of disadvantage, and most of us experience some form of them in our lives. That approach tends to find a common experience from which to launch the search for a solution.

Your're kidding me right? You a formally educated miner of facts and statistics, fail too see that the Wikipedia link I cited, provided links to Tuskegee University work. Perhaps you've heard of them? A pretty well thought of source of knowledge. But I'll humor you a bit and let you discredit them by providing evidence of different numbers from their findings.

And then you attempt to deflect that I didn't care why or where blacks are killing each other more than the KKK is. I was simply pointing out that they are. For I'm sure a thousand reasons that are not their fault by your view I won't dispute all of the factors you cite that cause it. It changes the numbers 0%.

Yeah those darn racist FBI statistics. What was I thinking? They count toe tags, not family life or checking account balances.

Darn that black man who provided the sources. He probably has a crappy education.

You're right this is a rabbit hole.
Again, and for the final time, numbers alone don't tell the whole story. Statistics aren't racist, people interpreting them can be though.
You have your world view, and I have mine. We have different understandings of both how American society works, and how it should work. I believe we've both explained what we think, and why. I'm content to leave it at that. Thanks for your time.

Awesome! You got a link to that site so I can buy a couple degrees too? Lol! That's really cool bro. You still going to go to law school?
im trying to figure a way.... at a minimum im gonna take the lsat….. If I score well.... that opens more options up... there is a special program that allows some coursework to be done online..... I would have to figure out a way to get in classroom either to NYU(long shot)…. or the program through Syracuse university... but like I say... LIFE... gets in the way, and to be completely honest I made a promise to myself to never have to couch surf or beg for a place to live ever again.... I slept in a friends living room for 6 months...…… it wasn't a good time... but at least I was able to finish the degree... once upon a time I had high aspirations of graduating magna cum laude... scoring in the 95th percentile on the lsat and living the high life..... lol... I let go of THAT dream..... I couldn't do it all alone and I was completely broke... the NYS dept of corrections put food in my mouth and money in my pocket.... so im grateful for THAT.

Last edited:
im trying to figure a way.... at a minimum im gonna take the lsat….. If I score well.... that opens more options up... there is a special program that allows some coursework to be done online..... I would have to figure out a way to get in classroom either to NYU(long shot)…. or the program through Syracuse university... but like I say... LIFE... gets in the way, and to be completely honest I made a promise to myself to never have to couch surf or beg for a place to live ever again.... I slept in a friends living room for 6 months...…… it wasn't a good time... but at least I was able to finish the degree... once upon a time I had high aspirations of graduating magna cum laude... scoring in the 95th percentile on the lsat and living the high life..... lol... I let go of THAT dream..... I couldn't do it all alone and I was completely broke... the NYS dept of corrections put food in my mouth and money in my pocket.... so im grateful for THAT.
The trick to doing tough things is to focus on what you want to do, not the compensation. Without fail, the best people I meet in all sorts of businesses say they love what they do and would do it for free. For me I was focused on my love for putting things together and now, 57 years later I do really well at it. No one would have ever bet on me being a successful architect. It sounds crazy but as you move up in the world everything gets more complicated, and you will look back on your struggles as the "good old days".

Another thing about being successful is not to set goals and then drop it when you can't et there. Successful people are what I call re-setters. They fail, ask themselves what can I salvage from this and then they are off to another race.

So, doesn't the law enforcement community have programs for you guys to use to get through law school? I know a couple cops and FBI guys who all went or are going through law school. I know you love NYC, but if you moved to another area you could probably cut the cost of everything, get a degree, then go back. A law degree is not a ticket to riches but with your corrections background I would think you could print money with a law degree.

The trick to doing tough things is to focus on what you want to do, not the compensation. Without fail, the best people I meet in all sorts of businesses say they love what they do and would do it for free. For me I was focused on my love for putting things together and now, 57 years later I do really well at it. No one would have ever bet on me being a successful architect. It sounds crazy but as you move up in the world everything gets more complicated, and you will look back on your struggles as the "good old days".

Another thing about being successful is not to set goals and then drop it when you can't et there. Successful people are what I call re-setters. They fail, ask themselves what can I salvage from this and then they are off to another race.

So, doesn't the law enforcement community have programs for you guys to use to get through law school? I know a couple cops and FBI guys who all went or are going through law school. I know you love NYC, but if you moved to another area you could probably cut the cost of everything, get a degree, then go back. A law degree is not a ticket to riches but with your corrections background I would think you could print money with a law degree.
Good words of wisdom Fallen.

People that love what they do. As a result they excel at what they do. And the compensation follows that.

Back to AOC...
Have you seen more of the "Green new deal's" details??
Not only everyone getting paid by the govt, including those unwilling to work.
Not only remodeling or rebuilding Every building in America.
Not only completely eliminating air travel, and replacing it with trains.
But also taking All vehicles from citizens.
No one will be allowed to own a car anymore.
As well as who knows what other pork and bs packed in there.
Oh, and all of this will be completed in 10 years.
And people support this idiot and those backing her!

There Ali, I got Your thread back on track, lol.
And congrats on your accomplishments in life, and good luck to you in your future goals. Much respect to you and all that work the long hours and bust your ass to get where you are in life.
And, with that said, we will now continue our normal program and go back to harassing you again.......

Back to AOC...
Have you seen more of the "Green new deal's" details??
Not only everyone getting paid by the govt, including those unwilling to work.
Not only remodeling or rebuilding Every building in America.
Not only completely eliminating air travel, and replacing it with trains.
But also taking All vehicles from citizens.
No one will be allowed to own a car anymore.
As well as who knows what other pork and bs packed in there.
Oh, and all of this will be completed in 10 years.
And people support this idiot and those backing her!

There Ali, I got Your thread back on track, lol.
And congrats on your accomplishments in life, and good luck to you in your future goals. Much respect to you and all that work the long hours and bust your ass to get where you are in life.
And, with that said, we will now continue our normal program and go back to harassing you again.......
It's the typical let's build a Utopia for all even if we need 15 times the money that exist in our economy to get it.

Oh well she will start with telling the billionaires she is here to take their money. That will work well.

It kind of reminds me of Cali making it a requirement that houses are to have solar roof panels on them.

So let's take a house that already people complain are too expensive, and let's make them more expensive.

It's BRILLIANT!

It kind of reminds me of California
making it a requirement that
houses are to have solar
roof panels on them .

So let us take a house
that already people
complain are too
expensive,
and let us
make them
more expensive .

It is BRILLIANT !

If only they were
efficient and
cost effective ,

I would
buy solar
panels .

Last time I checked
it was $4500 for solar . . .

Just to power my
hot water heater .

No thanks .

Green just is not
green enough yet ,
and costs too much green ! ! !

in corrections... Im running a housing unit/response.... and truth be told... NOBODY I work with even knows I have a college degree... for me to do this im gonna have to alert the administration and be removed from the stick list (special treatment) to pursue my end goal.... I hate asking for special treatment... but AFTER I score well on the LSAT (I hope)…. I could still do my corrections job and go to law school...…..we shall see how it pans out....lots of work

Alexandria
Ocasio-Cortez
is still a mental midget .

I WIN ! ! !

DzOHsiGUcAAfsKq.jpg

in corrections... Im running a housing unit/response.... and truth be told... NOBODY I work with even knows I have a college degree... for me to do this im gonna have to alert the administration and be removed from the stick list (special treatment) to pursue my end goal.... I hate asking for special treatment... but AFTER I score well on the LSAT (I hope)…. I could still do my corrections job and go to law school...…..we shall see how it pans out....lots of work
Well, hope for the best for you. Keep us posted.

Just an fyi Ali that wasn't AOC. It was a Saturday night live skit. It wasn't even supposed to be a mock of AOC. That being said why the right is so focused on a 29 year old freshman congress woman speaks volumes about her intellect I think. Keep bashing her! It only makes her more popular.

Just an fyi Ali that wasn't AOC. It was a Saturday night live skit. It wasn't even supposed to be a mock of AOC. That being said why the right is so focused on a 29 year old freshman congress woman speaks volumes about her intellect I think. Keep bashing her! It only makes her more popular.
I knew it wasn't her, or supposed to be her, but it's exactly as I imagine her to be in a social setting.....

You can post your memes about how stupid she is but i doubt there are many who on this board who placed second in the International Science and Engineering Fair in the Microbiology category with her project on the effect of antioxidants on roundworms.

https://www.societyforscience.org/content/ssp-blog/intel-isef-alumna-headed-capitol-hill

or has had an asteroid named after them,

https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=Ocasio-Cortez;old=0;orb=0;cov=0;log=0;cad=0#discovery

or cum lauda from Boston University's in 2011, majoring in international relations and economics.

So I suggest if you don't like her or think she is stupid, or you don't like her policies you would do well not to underestimate her.

cheers
ken

You can post your memes about how stupid she is but i doubt there are many who on this board who placed second in the International Science and Engineering Fair in the Microbiology category with her project on the effect of antioxidants on roundworms.

https://www.societyforscience.org/content/ssp-blog/intel-isef-alumna-headed-capitol-hill

or has had an asteroid named after them,

https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=Ocasio-Cortez;old=0;orb=0;cov=0;log=0;cad=0#discovery

or cum lauda from Boston University's in 2011, majoring in international relations and economics.

So I suggest if you don't like her or think she is stupid, or you don't like her policies you would do well not to underestimate her.

cheers
ken
There's all sorts of smarts Ken, book, social, street, etc. I have no doubt that she's well educated, but she's lacking (severely) in other areas. I stand by my statement. She's an idiot. An educated idiot sure, but an idiot nonetheless.

Back