What is your profession ?

Production supervisor at a chemic....... ummmm, “concentrates facility”. Studied avionics and loved being a bench techinician, but money wasn’t so great with the high cost of living in Miami, so I packed up and moved to a smaller city and switched profession. Going on 11 years this coming summer and still enjoy shift work, only having to work 14 to 15 shifts a month and not being confined to an office. I do have one, but spend a lot of time outside with mechanics and operators checking all the industrial equipment.

No job , just hobbies that happen to earn money . Wintertime means making big sticks into little ones .

IMG_3671.JPG

Interesting to see what everyone does, cool thread.

I worked for my dad in his factory (+- 400 employees) school holidays since I was 9 years old. He taught me woodwork, steel work and by the age of 11 I could weld, run milling machines, lathes etc.

Then he kicked me out, worked for Mercedes Benz, from an apprentice, to college to Automotive Engineer.
Life takes us where it wants, so I ended up running several large beverage factories for a fortune 10 company. Ended up as a consultant for a large food manufacturing company, doing the US, Europe, Australia, Mexico and Canada.
Then retired, so now I am a nobody.
Still do woodworking on the side though, when I want if I like the customer. One of my pieces posted below.
Cape-Dutch-Armoire.jpg

I am a precision button pusher. Well, I push a sequence of buttons in an Airbus, and it ends up in the right city! Well, in all honesty I make the first officer do all the work!
Been at current airline for 18 years. Worked at a few others before this too, flying Boeing 737s. Due to 911, I was furloughed and flew a BBJ (private 737) for an individual all around the world for 9 months...livin like a rock star for sure!
Good days are fantastic. Bad days are some of the worst you can imagine! As they say, "Flying is 99% pure boredom followed by 1% pure terror! Lol
Troy
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I worked for my dad in his factory (+- 400 employees) school holidays since I was 9 years old. He taught me woodwork, steel work and by the age of 11 I could weld, run milling machines, lathes etc.

Then he kicked me out, worked for Mercedes Benz, from an apprentice, to college to Automotive Engineer.
Life takes us where it wants, so I ended up running several large beverage factories for a fortune 10 company. Ended up as a consultant for a large food manufacturing company, doing the US, Europe, Australia, Mexico and Canada.
Still do woodworking on the side though, when I want if I like the customer. One of my pieces posted below.
View attachment 1593985
Wow is a word to describe this beautiful work....

View attachment 1593985
That is utterly incredible. I wish I had the ability and talent to create something like that.

I am a precision button pusher. Well, I push a sequence of buttons in an Airbus, and it ends up in the right city! Well, in all honesty I make the first officer do all the work!
Been at current airline for 18 years. Worked at a few others before this too, flying Boeing 737s. Due to 911, I was furloughed and flew a BBJ (private 737) for an individual all around the world for 9 months...livin like a rock star for sure!
Good days are fantastic. Bad days are some of the worst you can imagine! As they say, "Flying is 99% pure boredom followed by 1% pure terror! Lol
TroyView attachment 1593986
View attachment 1593987
Please tell me how you feel about the AGV helmet. I had an Ari and have hated everything else but think AGV may be the way to go fit & function wise.

Back