My Bandit

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Hey c10,

Found this picture of my old Bandit 1250 ABS. Loved this bike so much I bought it twice. First one met a brutal end. Anyway this one had a bunch of mods, most from a tuner named Dale Walker. These are fun and frisky bikes with a reverse Hayabusa powerband. They have massive power down low pretty close to the Busa, they just don't have the top end explosion. Very comfortable though. Regret the day I sold it!

Bandit low.jpg

Yen & Yang.jpg

I wish I had one of the oil cooled versions. Those bikes were legends. Is your Gen 1 oil/air cooled. Those bikes sound so cool.
It is indeed, mine has a Hindle titanium exhaust on it with HS stage 1 jet kit, 5' timing advancer, GSXR cams, progressive springs up front with Gold Tech valving, progressive rear shock, Bikemaster bars, Corbin seat.

It has a pile of torque and runs like a champ, the problem with it is I was never in love with the bike. I've always wanted a Busa and now that I have one, I can't wait to ride it-come on spring!~

Dale attended a all ZRXOA drag race event I put together in Louisiana about 12 years ago.
He provided many jet kits as raffle prizes.
Always liked the Bandits from the beginning.
Tianne's is a 2000 600 wearing many 1200 parts. The jet kit, and advance are from Dale.

Dale attended a all ZRXOA drag race event I put together in Louisiana about 12 years ago.
He provided many jet kits as raffle prizes.
Always liked the Bandits from the beginning.
Tianne's is a 2000 600 wearing many 1200 parts. The jet kit, and advance are from Dale.
Dale is another master of the motorcycle.

I had an old 97 or 98 Bandit. I bought it to commute from my old girl friends house in San Bernardino to Irvine. It was about 65-70 miles (about 3 days a week).

I got to go in the diamond lane and lane split with it a lot. Nice but I was never crazy about it. It fell over idling in her drive way one day and I sold it a short time after...

Almost 170mph on a Bandit? I wouldn't be ashamed at all....it would take brute power to get there as they are not aerodynamic like our bikes.
True but seems the bike was still electronically restricted & kept bouncing back to 168,170,169. Just saying it had more potential. But yes you are right. Guess i have to not compare.

I have a gen 1 in my garage, with a bunch of Dale's goodies in it.

Coolness!

My 1998 has:
1. Yoshi RS3 can
2. Dale Walker 5 degree timing advance
3. 1.5 inch X 4 inch cutout in the air box with screen material glued in (to keep bugs out)
K & N filter
4. Rejected to Stage 2 (much larger main jet in particular)

I hit the same dyno numbers as Dale Walker does with his Stage bike.

The biggest thing you can do for a Gen 1 is replace "Canzilla" hanging of that perfectly good header\mid-pipe.

Coolness!

My 1998 has:
1. Yoshi RS3 can
2. Dale Walker 5 degree timing advance
3. 1.5 inch X 4 inch cutout in the air box with screen material glued in (to keep bugs out)
K & N filter
4. Rejected to Stage 2 (much larger main jet in particular)

I hit the same dyno numbers as Dale Walker does with his Stage bike.

The biggest thing you can do for a Gen 1 is replace "Canzilla" hanging of that perfectly good header\mid-pipe.

Yours and mine are similar except mine is stage 1 and Gixxer cams

Replacing the stock muffler rings true for almost every bike....the stock cans on the Busa weigh more than some small cars...I got the stock exhaust as well when I bought my bike and boy were they heavy to carry to the shed, the down pipes weren't light either.

I think it looks great. Classy. I never cared for bikes that look like someone ate a bag of Skittles and puked on 'em. Good call on the Corbin seat BTW.

I got that Corbin for nothing (hence the red piping) it is surprisingly comfortable.

Unfortunately I am selling off the Bandit to keep my maintenance down to one bike for once. I gave away two other bikes to my kids but they didn't want this one.

Back