Best OE brake pads

Pjpcardoso

Registered
Hello guys.
What are the best OE brake pads in the market?
My actual front brake pads are
EBC FA379 HH Sintered.
Are they good?
Can i buy others that are best than that ones?
I have stock rotors.
Thanks all

POWERHOUSE keeps the different brake pads in stock for both Gens. For OE equivalent, the SBS pads are usually a good choice; the EBC HH pads are more aggressive, and are also a good choice; and finally, the EBC EPFA pads are the most aggressive and the most expensive. They're for all you guys that like Polish wheelies . . .

polish wheely.jpg

Brembo GP4 monoblocs come with HH sintered pads for street and track use. They also have a
ZO4 pad that is considered "race only". When used in street applications, their ZO4 pad tends to chatter,
so the HH pads with the oversize discs, steel braided lines and their newest 19RCS Corsa Corta Radial brake master should do the trick nicely. But this thread is not about aftermarket calipers!

EBC HH "Extreme Pro"
(ceramic embedded and different from EBC HH)
They Will stop you sooner.

Do Not buy any pad for street riding that says Race on it.
Race pads are for road racing only, as they need to be kept hot to function properly.
On a track, the races are short and braking is often, so they stay hot. On the street, in most cases, you are not constantly using the brakes, so the pads cool rapidly, if the get hot enough at all, and they do Not stop you very well.

Brembo GP4 monoblocs come with HH sintered pads for street and track use. They also have a
ZO4 pad that is considered "race only". When used in street applications, their ZO4 pad tends to chatter,
so the HH pads with the oversize discs, steel braided lines and their newest 19RCS Corsa Corta Radial brake master should do the trick nicely. But this thread is not about aftermarket calipers!

Frank , when you say monoblocs , are you talking about the GP4-RR Brembo monoblocs ? I know the 2 piece GP4-RX / .484 Black 2 piece billet calipers run Brembo's own HH cintered pad , and I can vouch for them being good for street also . These 2 piece GP4-RX combined with Braketech 330mm ductile and good pads are pretty wild , but the GP4-RR billet Monoblocs would be insanely good !!

Last edited:
EBC HH "Extreme Pro"
(ceramic embedded and different from EBC HH)
They Will stop you sooner.

Do Not buy any pad for street riding that says Race on it.
Race pads are for road racing only, as they need to be kept hot to function properly.
On a track, the races are short and braking is often, so they stay hot. On the street, in most cases, you are not constantly using the brakes, so the pads cool rapidly, if the get hot enough at all, and they do Not stop you very well.
It's amazing how many people that I've spoken to over the years that don't know that.

Hello guys.
What are the best OE brake pads in the market?
My actual front brake pads are
EBC FA379 HH Sintered.
Are they good?
Can i buy others that are best than that ones

Have used many pads, best pads for both Busa's is a combination of tossing the stock rubber lines and installing stainless steel lines combined with EBC Extreme Pro pads.

The pads you have now are comparable to a standard HH Sintered pad, very good pad for general riding & commuting. A big difference is HH Sintered, Galfer, EBC, etc are about $40 a rotor.

EBC Extreme Pro pads are 2x that cost, so figure $80 per rotor. They are expensive but we've talked about them for years. If you don't mind spending $160 for front pads, go that direction. EBC Extreme Pro pad is most agressive pad I've used in the last 15 years.

On some bikes like my wing I wont use anything but OEM because they perform well with a long service life before I was on here I put a set of OEM pads on the front off my 08 they cost a bloody fortune and there not to bad at the moment time will tell hoverer after reading this I might try a set off ECB next time around :thumbsup:

Back