NO FUEL... WON'T START

@Mathewrussell52 @Mr Brown
any known symptoms for the fuel pressure regulator?
I ask because obviously this isnt going to be in stock. So before i spend almost 60.00 on an regulator and wait 7-10 days for it to get here... i was hoping to be somewhat sure after replacing everything else.

Does anyone know if the pressure regulator can be replaced with one from a car/truck that i can pickup at Autozone?

@Mathewrussell52 @Mr Brown
any known symptoms for the fuel pressure regulator?
I ask because obviously this isnt going to be in stock. So before i spend almost 60.00 on an regulator and wait 7-10 days for it to get here... i was hoping to be somewhat sure after replacing everything else.

Does anyone know if the pressure regulator can be replaced with one from a car/truck that i can pickup at Autozone?
Any built bike has external regulator. Not sure how your pump set up works or what kind of work it would take.

The regulator is attached to the pump housing and of course the housing has an opening. It could only be replaced with another pressure regulator that will fit into the same location.

Could you run a line off the pump and put the regulator inline? I can look for my stock pump tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I still have it.

When my 2000 pump died I went with a Accel 74701 cost about 150
with a Mallory 9-35202 regulator ~$150
along with a generic fuel filter I was done,,,

@202mphbusa @Mr Brown
I've already purchased the OEM Pump + filter and installed them. From my experience with Fuel pressure regulator when they go bad, they start leaking fuel from the vacuum line and thats not happening so i didn't factor the regulator being the issue. I'm still not 100% sure thats the issue but its the only thing i haven't replaced in the fuel system.
The regulator sits right on top of the assembly and connects directly to it via a rubber o-ring so i can't just take it off... or can i?
Screenshot 2018-12-16 10.20.14.png

Have you checked your fuel pressure reading out of the pump, at the rail end? It should be a consistent 42+ at pump priming, cranking and engine running.
Also, have you removed and checked the fuel tap, which bolts into the tank, it has a long gauze on it, which is a known fault, with clogging because rust is a big issue, with the early set up, like Mr Brown said, it’s an awful setup, had it on mine and upgraded to an ‘in tank pump’ setup, no problems now.
Another person (adrian), was chasing a fuel related fault on his 99 plate and it was degradation in the fuel, due to rust, which lowered the octane level, causing the bike to play up badly.

Check fuel pressure.
Check fuel tap gauze, for blockage.

Good luck.

Back