The end ?

Ok ... reading this thread almost gave me a heart attack ! I had to read online articles about Suzuki's announcement to find out what this was all about.

The important part, to me, about Suzuki's announcement ending the production of the Hayabusa; it's stopping production in its current form. There are three reasons is is important, to me.

First, design and production leaders can work together getting new gen III from paper to production. The new engine and body work details can be finalized quickly with "all heads working together."

Second, R&D of the 2019 GSX-R 1000 is complete. These electronic aids can be tweaked and tuned for the new gen III Busa. Suzuki can offer the quick shift and auto blipper as standard equipment on the new gen III Busa; offering the new semi automatic gearbox a upgrade option at the dealer or sold separately !!!

Third, production line workers and tools can be set up for new gen III. Suzuki can use half the current Hayabusa production line workers to help with R&D on the new gen III; the other half can be used refitting tools and the production line itself.

I feel better now !!! :D:D:D

We are with you...hopefully what you say rings true...I am not optimistic though, the Hayabusa will not be resurrected in it's current status as a hyper bike. Maybe it will go the way of the Concours and be a high speed sport tour platform.

I find it interesting that only Kawasaki jumped on boosted 1k production, without boosting, I don't know how any bike company can compete for dominancy.

Maybe..... but If it was really that simple would Suzuki have a gap in its range and no Busa’s on sale in some markets and only the same old bike on sale in the US when they have known about this for a few years at least ?

I hope bussassin417 is right but I’m not convinced just yet.

hopefully what you say rings true

I’m not convinced just yet

There is understandable caution and apprehension. Click here to a article that states Suzuki's plans to continue with gen III Hayabusa; after announcing end of gen II production.

Keep hope alive !!

Gen III - 10.jpg

meet Euro 5

I'm hopeful the R&D from the GSXR-1000's transfers to the gen III Hayabusa.

There was a lot of work put into the new GSXR-1000's. The advances Suzuki made with 1000's will aid in making the entire line euro 5 compliant.

I'm sure manufactures know where gains can be made to meet euro 5 standards. Doing so efficiently and economically is all together different. I'm also sure manufacturers will be given a 2 years extension to meet euro 5; as they were given a 2 years extension to meet euro 4.

Here are some of the advances making the GSXR-1000's euro 4 compliant:

- Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system

- The digital ignition with iridium spark plugs (increase combustion efficiency)

- Top Feed Injectors (S-TFI) for efficient combustion

- 32-bit Dual Processor Engine Control Module (ECM)

- Variable Valve Timing (VVT) system

I'm rooting for Suzuki, I'm a "fanboy."

Gen III - 12.jpg

Re-meet the King of naturally aspirated production motorcycles !!!

*1440CC engine with Ram Air Direct
*Ride by Wire 6 speed gearbox with bi-directional quick shifter
*IMU, Motion Track Tracking Control, launch control,
*anti wheelie control, electric cruise control
*full color TFT display
*all LED lighting
*dual titanium exhaust
MSRP $18989

giphy.gif

The Kwaks are already on to most of that tech and have stuff like smart ABS that tells cornering braking from upright braking, and suspension that reacts to its use as well as being programmed remotely from a smart phone etc.

Whatever Suzuki come up with it will be interesting to see if they try and match the competitions tech or actually push ahead and break new ground.

My next new bike may not be a Busa, but I hope the one after that is, and I hope it’s something special !

do we want motorcycles to be like cars? smart abs? lane departure warning/auto blippers….. have u all lost ure amazing mind? getting soft fellas.

do we want motorcycles to be like cars? smart abs? lane departure warning/auto blippers….. have u all lost ure amazing mind? getting soft fellas.
Not us, the younger crowd are the ones driving the desire for tech...sadly it's coming and we can't stop it.

Do you think you will have a choice?

When I ordered my B-King I asked for the non-ABS version.

New legislation spreading fron the EU to AU and globally means I no longer have that choice. My next bike WILL have ABS if I want it or not, and if I’m forced to have something then why not the best version of it ?

Do you think you will have a choice?

When I ordered my B-King I asked for the non-ABS version.

New legislation spreading fron the EU to AU and globally means I no longer have that choice. My next bike WILL have ABS if I want it or not, and if I’m forced to have something then why not the best version of it ?
they can only sell what we will buy.... build a busa… and tell them to keep their abs……. and 200 hp.... I laugh at that number.

"... tech is coming can't stop it ..."

"... soon no longer have that choice ..."

Engine braking and throttle assist based on bike lean angle is awesome tech. Traction control linked with cornering ABS, why not ?!!!

I would agree, if a buyer doesn't want any tech on their bike they should be able to buy it without unwanted tech.

Unfortunately more safety legislation is coming, globally. Manufactures and buyers will not have a choice in the matter. (remember when wearing a seat belt was optional, now you have to wear it ... even in the back seat)

It would be surprising if the gen III Busa doesn't have 210 hp at the wheel, over 220 hp at the crank. If Suzuki increases displacement 100 CC's, they should be able to get an additional 15 or more horsepower.

Hopefully they will design a killer cooling system this time around. There is some heat coming off my gen I. It's great in cold weather though annoying in stop and go traffic.

Engine braking and throttle assist based on bike lean angle is awesome tech. Traction control linked with cornering ABS, why not ?!!!

I would agree, if a buyer doesn't want any tech on their bike they should be able to buy it without unwanted tech.

Unfortunately more safety legislation is coming, globally. Manufactures and buyers will not have a choice in the matter. (remember when wearing a seat belt was optional, now you have to wear it ... even in the back seat)

It would be surprising if the gen III Busa doesn't have 210 hp at the wheel, over 220 hp at the crank. If Suzuki increases displacement 100 CC's, they should be able to get an additional 15 or more horsepower.

Hopefully they will design a killer cooling system this time around. There is some heat coming off my gen I. It's great in cold weather though annoying in stop and go traffic.
well... that's a big motor underneath you with a lot of POTENTIAL.

Click here for the Suzuki press release:

"From its inception 20 years ago, the iconic Hayabusa motorcycle has been a visually and technologically stunning representation of Suzuki’s commitment to motorcycle performance.”

“Literally tens of thousands of riders have owned this beloved model and it continues to be sought after even today. GT riders, drag racers, and customizers worldwide are obsessively devoted to the Hayabusa and we are looking forward to continuing its legacy. Suzuki Motor Corporation’s commitment to this model means a new generation of motorcyclists can experience the unmatched performance and style that the Hayabusa is known for globally.”

There we have it; straight from Suzuki. The Hayabusa is continuing.

I think the gen III Busa may meet the euro 5 emission standard which begins 2020. At Least there is hope.

"Long Live The King"

Gen III - 12.jpg

Click here for the Suzuki press release:

"From its inception 20 years ago, the iconic Hayabusa motorcycle has been a visually and technologically stunning representation of Suzuki’s commitment to motorcycle performance.”

“Literally tens of thousands of riders have owned this beloved model and it continues to be sought after even today. GT riders, drag racers, and customizers worldwide are obsessively devoted to the Hayabusa and we are looking forward to continuing its legacy. Suzuki Motor Corporation’s commitment to this model means a new generation of motorcyclists can experience the unmatched performance and style that the Hayabusa is known for globally.”

There we have it; straight from Suzuki. The Hayabusa is continuing.

I think the gen III Busa may meet the euro 5 emission standard which begins 2020. At Least there is hope.

"Long Live The King"

View attachment 1590046
I wonder if Gen 3 will look like the picture...? Be ok if it did, it pays homage to the original design but puts a modern swing on it. Looks heavy though.

Back