Whats up guys I took the busa pill

Dude I love these bikes, how was it as far as speed? I actually sent an email about a White 06 a few hours ago. https://southjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2006-honda-interceptor/6755435656.html
Im hoping I can get it for $3k and clean up the scuffs then resell her for a little profit

I kept it less than than a year because I found the motor uninspiring. Very docile until VTEC opens up, and by that time you’re far in excess of a reasonable level of speeding. Good bike, but didn’t stir my soul. “Gentlemen’s Sportbike” and turned out I’m not much of a gentleman :D

The V4 has some fanatic fans due to its sound and flat torque curve. If it helps you, it is approx. 530 lbs wet and 100 HP tuned, top speed around 130 (I do not test this on mine.) Longtime fans have longed for a liter engine upgrade. (It seems that fans of any bike get real critical over time, no matter how good the original was, don't they?) Note the VTEC was used to close two valves below 6400 RPM to reduce emissions and curb the sound. . The 1998-2001 has all valves open all the time (ATVATT?) That "boost" of VTEC is fake and manufactured by the US EPA. This is not your Civic VTEC. The advantage of the VFR800 is that it is perfectly balanced and goes exactly where one points it, ergo it is a very high quality Honda that is fun to push to the limits on the curves.

Baldguy, be aware that there are brand new leftover 2014 VFR800's priced at $6500 and 2015's for slightly more (see Cycletrader). It is a unique bike with not a lot of buyers. That could work for or against you while refreshing old ones, but I do not see any of these as easy to offload.

The V4 has some fanatic fans due to its sound and flat torque curve. If it helps you, it is approx. 530 lbs wet and 100 HP tuned, top speed around 130 (I do not test this on mine.) Longtime fans have longed for a liter engine upgrade. (It seems that fans of any bike get real critical over time, no matter how good the original was, don't they?) Note the VTEC was used to close two valves below 6400 RPM to reduce emissions and curb the sound. . The 1998-2001 has all valves open all the time (ATVATT?) That "boost" of VTEC is fake and manufactured by the US EPA. This is not your Civic VTEC. The advantage of the VFR800 is that it is perfectly balanced and goes exactly where one points it, ergo it is a very high quality Honda that is fun to push to the limits on the curves.

Baldguy, be aware that there are brand new leftover 2014 VFR800's priced at $6500 and 2015's for slightly more (see Cycletrader). It is a unique bike with not a lot of buyers. That could work for or against you while refreshing old ones, but I do not see any of these as easy to offload.
I actually passed on the VFR, I liked it but like you said moving it might very possibly be a pain and wind up making me take a loss.

I just ordered my Brocks clutch mod. I found one for $218, does anyone have experience installing one of these? They advertise it's a 10-15min job but I'm going to bet it takes me that long to get the fairing off without scratching it. I know me and I can be brutal with delicate stuff if I'm not careful

I just ordered my Brocks clutch mod. I found one for $218, does anyone have experience installing one of these? They advertise it's a 10-15min job but I'm going to bet it takes me that long to get the fairing off without scratching it. I know me and I can be brutal with delicate stuff if I'm not careful
It’s 10 min after the fairing is off. YOU will have to torque it they make a special tool to hold the basket. Have heard others put a board in the wheel to hold it.

The hump is modded so that you don't have to remove the grab bar to install it. Pop the hump off, put the seat on and you're good to go.

So you ruin the look of it because you don’t wanna take off two bolts? That makes zero sense to me.

To each is own I guess!

My gen2 looks waaaaayyyyyy better with the grab bar in place and modified hump. So in my eyes, it’s improved, not ruined.
You can use the hump and grab bar at the same time, but to each is own.

My buddy has that exact mod and everyone would ask why it’s on cause you can’t sit on the hump. Like I said, to each is own. ✌

Brand new to the forum guys. Been looking for an unmolested Hayabusa for a while for under 7k and I finally found the one. Shes an 05 with 3985 original miles and I got her way below my budget. I was looking for a 2nd gen but the price was right and i get to build her the way i want. Shes a little dirty in the pics she sat for 2 years under a cover collecting dust and dirt, threw a new battery in and she changed me forever. I know very little so this site is going to be my point of reference on everything I do. First things first the levers and all the dress up parts are matching levers,kickstand,brake fluid res cap etc its all the same corny style black with the Hayabusa name on them are getting replaced I think they bike has the word Hayabusa on it 17 times, its a little much lol. Overall im very happy and saved enough to get started on her makeover.
Anyway I look forward to learning from you guys

View attachment 1589046

View attachment 1589047

View attachment 1589048
Welcome Aboard Sir.

Hey how's going? Welcome to the Org. I remember seeing that busa for sale on craigslist. Good deal, nice color too. Got the same color scheme as well.

7.jpg

Back