Killswitch Assembly Loose?

Jeremy112113

Registered
Hey everyone, I have a first Gen that since the other day, the throttle assembly (grip and all) as well as the killswitch assembly, twist on the handlebar. I looked at the two screws below the switch assembly and they are tightly seated. Does anyone know what it could be? Is it below the grip itself? Thanks in advanced.

The locating pin is broken off and not in the hole on bar. Two wraps of thin friction tape where it clamps solves issue.

What is special abaou November 21st 2013?
Do they not make replacements? When I broke mine a few years ago I swore I saw them somewhere now I can’t find them.

I have the friction tape fix that @c10 mentioned because my grips were too long I had to remove the pin (break it off)
I haven’t had any issues but I haven’t really gotten to ride the bike yet. I do trust in c10’s suggestion though I don’t believe I will babe any issue.

You could drill swith and make your own pin with super glue and old coat hanger. The plastic is molded into switch housing
Mine has these parts that just slide in. See I broke both sides of mine when I put different bars on.

168569B2-D94F-4A67-B448-02C83B375448.jpeg

Thank you everyone for the replies and tips. I was able to fix it going off the 'piece of hangar' method. I removed the broken tab, drilled out the hole on the bar, created a hole on the switch assembly, and inserted a screw into the switch assembly to use as the 'pin'. Hopefully this one doesn't go anywhere lol!

MVIMG_20181210_161150.jpg

MVIMG_20181210_162033.jpg

MVIMG_20181210_162042.jpg

MVIMG_20181210_162655.jpg

MVIMG_20181210_164358.jpg

MVIMG_20181210_171344.jpg

Thank you everyone for the replies and tips. I was able to fix it going off the 'piece of hangar' method. I removed the broken tab, drilled out the hole on the bar, created a hole on the switch assembly, and inserted a screw into the switch assembly to use as the 'pin'. Hopefully this one doesn't go anywhere lol!

View attachment 1589805

View attachment 1589806

View attachment 1589807

View attachment 1589808

View attachment 1589809

View attachment 1589810
How's it holding up after all these years? I might do this for mine as well.

Is this part for a gen 1 or gen 2? I see Schnitz has them for gen 2 but I don’t see any for gen 1.

It only fits Gen2
The difference in the Gen1 and Gen2 is the plastic locator pin's location in relation to the hole for it in the handlebar.
You can use Gen2 on Gen1, and vice versa, but you'll have to drill a small hole in the handlebars, so the locator pin on the switch housing has a recess/drill hole to fit into, and to keep the switch housing from rotating on the bars.
If you have a switch housing that the plastic locator pin has been broken off, or squashed, take the 2 screws out of the switch housing, take it off the bars, wrap the bar a few times with electrical tape, put the switch housing back on, and it's two screws will then have enough bite on the taped, and now larger diameter bar, that also has a little give, for the switch housing to dig into and grab.
This will keep the switch housing from moving side to side or rotating.
It works very well.

Back