Perhaps We Need To Start A Gen 3 Thread *

I don't belive that.
There is no magic hp number to get you to 200mph, and Busa's with that much have done it.
If you change the rear tire or sprocket(and have no speed restriction), and are able to tuck into the bike well, then 200mph should be no problem(in more than a mile, a standing mile/lsr is a different story).
I'm 5'10" and 195lbs(including gear), and my gen2 got to 197mph(gps) without any trouble(couple miles of straight road with slight downhill). I also had taken the mirrors off for that and had a full dual Akropovic and ecu flash.
I never got around to trying for 200+ because I had since added Spiegler dirtbike style handlebars.
I had planned to swap sprockets and bars and try again, but never did. But, I don't doubt that with a gear change that the bike had another 3-5mph in it.
Get a tire or sprocket, flash the ecu, and remove the mirrors. If you have a few miles of empty road, and aren't endangering anyone else...go for it.
I was reading this link
https://www.superstreetbike.com/200-mph-or-bust-0#page-12
They talk about breaking the 200mph barrier on a Hayabusa and how to go about doing it.

It does seem like a lot of bother to go this speed though...

getting the bike nice and low.... and tucking VERY tight are more important than the few extra hp by far.
It's hard to do, I tried a bit earlier today and getting into a good tuck is a bit of a challenge when you aren't used to it.

I do note the bike is very stable at speed even with a heck of a cross wind it didn't wobble or balk at around 270kms/hr (167 mph) or so. I was in 5th at this speed and not near red line.

When I looked at the trees after, they were whipping around quite a bit.

When you get the tuck right, there is an instant quiet that surrounds the bike. The first time I managed to achieve "the bubble" (I had been 150 many times before, but the bike was forcing me through the air) I thought the engine quit or something. Finding the buble requires getting your head down as low as possible (one reason I don't do smoked or solid windshields), chin in the tank groove. Your butt can be higher if necessary to get as low as possible. Get your legs tight to the tank and tuck the arms in too. Tight leather clothes make a big difference here. Light jackets will flutter and it can be strong enough to blur your vision. You will feel no air hitting you in the front and you'll actually feel air pressure from behind pushing forward. I had a video somewhere where I popped up out of the bubble and the pressure instantly sucked my leather jacket to my body like it was paint, the forces are amazing.

When the bubble forms (which is the purpose of the hump if you didn't know - so put it on when you want to go fast), the bike zooms up to it's max speed very quickly, like a dam busted. I have found the zone where the bubble forms to be about 150 mph or so, although it moved when I changed to a double bubble windshield. I suspect the speed needed to create a negative air pressure zone big enough to envelop your body varies with your size and tuck. Once you are in it, the load on the bike is reduced dramatically. This moment is absolutely addictive!

Remember several things though. First this position is only good for speeding in a straight line, not turning! You have to get the bike slowed down before popping up to make a turn. On track I prefer to hold the tuck through the braking zone and pop up to lean into the turn. I scoot the butt cheek off the seat in the tuck too, to get ready. But remember you can't really see in this position - it's dangerous on the street! Second, when you pop out of the tuck the air pressure is enough to blow even my big arse right off the back of the bike. Get the bike back down to 140 or so before popping up out of the tuck and hold on tight. Remember, when you are going 150 mph the air going by is a category 5 hurricane. Always respect speed/wind.

Of course that's just my jack-leg take on it. I would like to hear from the experts on the tuck, the LSR guys.

So.... when are we getting a Gen3? I sold my bike this past Saturday and need an ETA for the Gen3 so I can be ready.
I saw the listing online a couple of weeks ago and was shocked to see you were selling. Didn’t want to mention it here, since I didn’t want to get into your personal stuff. Hope you got decent money for her and that you hang around here.

February 30th 2019 is the release date from what I heard....
Fingers crossed!

I saw the listing online a couple of weeks ago and was shocked to see you were selling. Didn’t want to mention it here, since I didn’t want to get into your personal stuff. Hope you got decent money for her and that you hang around here.

Thanks, appreciate that! I don't know why, but apparently I didn't even tell some of my close friends or even my own brother I was selling it. I been kicking idea around for 6 months when I put a deposit down to get my Superlite Coupe (SLC) finished and wanted the extra money for some nice (aka not needed) upgrades like Tillett carbon seats, AIM Strada MXS gauges, etc. I wrote the listing out, but took me 5 months before the first cold snap to actually wash and actually list it. Timing was actually best it could be without missing it much. I was picking up a new (to me) Audi S7 which I knew I'd want to drive alot to work instead of the bike, it's basically winter and most importantly by the time the SLC returns, I know I'll be driving it and busa won't get rode as often. This busa was by far the longest I've ever kept any vehicle, but timing was right and made it easier to stomach.

I did get what I was asking, possibly could have asked for more but being not the best time to sell a bike and with everything I have going on, I'm content and believe buyer knew it was a good deal. I know you can never get what you put into a vehicle unless you find the right person. Bike is still Polaris Yellow and now lives in Dallas. I never got to do that 9th plasti-dip, actually thought it would sell better yellow. The color would have been either flat camo green or a mocha (brown) pearl with TopCoat, but I was pretty set on Mocha since it was fall.

I'm not going anywhere, I'll be lurking around here for sure in anticipation for the Gen3 so I can build another. Wife doesn't care, but she said I'm not allowed to build the new one inside the new house like I did with my Gen2. I do still have my little stunt CRF50 if that counts for anything, lol.

It's hard to do, I tried a bit earlier today and getting into a good tuck is a bit of a challenge when you aren't used to it.

I do note the bike is very stable at speed even with a heck of a cross wind it didn't wobble or balk at around 270kms/hr (167 mph) or so. I was in 5th at this speed and not near red line.

When I looked at the trees after, they were whipping around quite a bit.

The hardest part of the tuck is probably vision. Then again, my dumbass got gray smoked puigz racng windshield instead of clear.. I'm small enough to tuck though. Need a better helmet for sure, wind noises are horrible at 180+

The hardest part of the tuck is probably vision. Then again, my dumbass got gray smoked puigz racng windshield instead of clear.. I'm small enough to tuck though. Need a better helmet for sure, wind noises are horrible at 180+

Ear plugs work great!
Unless I'm riding a couple miles into town at 35mph, I always wear ear plugs when I actually go riding.
Some of the best quality helmets(for protection And ventilation)still have Alot of wind noise.

Ear plugs work great!
Unless I'm riding a couple miles into town at 35mph, I always wear ear plugs when I actually go riding.
Some of the best quality helmets(for protection And ventilation)still have Alot of wind noise.

Yeah, I was debating on which helmet to hunt for my next purchase. Definitely want to get a set of SENAs, I heard they're good for cancelling out sound, but you're literally cancelling wind noise by blowing x dB of vibrations into your ears. Not sure how good that really is. I'll pick up some earplugs though.

Ear plugs work great!
I’m the same way. I keep new ones in every jacket and tank bags. I can still hear my sena headset with earplugs in, if I have the volume all the way up.

Yeah, I was debating on which helmet to hunt for my next purchase. Definitely want to get a set of SENAs, I heard they're good for cancelling out sound, but you're literally cancelling wind noise by blowing x dB of vibrations into your ears. Not sure how good that really is. I'll pick up some earplugs though.

As you probably know, there are many kinds of ear plugs.
Some are no good for helmets, as in the solid plastic/rubber kind, their "stalks"(outer part you grab), can rub the helmet.
I like the foam kind that you roll in your fingers, push into your ears, and they expand. I also cut a little off the length, so the part sticking out of your ear doesn't touch the inner helmet either.

As you probably know, there are many kinds of ear plugs.
Some are no good for helmets, as in the solid plastic/rubber kind, their "stalks"(outer part you grab), can rub the helmet.
I like the foam kind that you roll in your fingers, push into your ears, and they expand. I also cut a little off the length, so the part sticking out of your ear doesn't touch the inner helmet either.

Im with @sixpack577. This is all I wear on the job and on the bikes.
image.jpg

I use a custom formed set from bass pro, or any like store. Cheap and dont get that ear ache after a couple hours like the foamies.
Troy

I use a custom formed set from bass pro, or any like store. Cheap and dont get that ear ache after a couple hours like the foamies.
Troy
I’ve seen companies advertising those kits they send to people’s homes to have them make a mold of their ears to get custom headphones made, but always been afraid of them blocking too much of the outside noise.

Back