New Busa owner

HAH, I have never actually thought about that, I guess papa smurf is pretty fitting, or maybe BusaSmurf. Funny thing is I stopped using the Jeffgordons24 on pretty much everything since he has now retired I figured time to retire my screen-names. I use HEYaBUSA06 for pretty much everywhere else.

I am OCD with practically everything so I keep pretty organized lol. It is easy to stay organized when I really only run the shop. The tools are just another obsession but the Busa has now taken priority above all other things.

I think Raywilcox will find the same thing now that he is a busa owner lol.
Hey, Ray Wilcox needs some LED advice, maybe you can help him out.
Plus, I gotta ask, do you make your girlfriend dress up like smurfette?:p:p:laugh::lol:

I appreciate the warm welcome, folks!
I'm glad that I joined the party.

While I have you here, let me ask you something.

To be honest, I picked up this bike because of that color combo. It's in good condition and stuff, yet it was the color that determined my decision. When I posted here last night, I saw a post by a guy, who installed a nice blue glowing kit. Here's the thread: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/got-the-leds-hooked-up.194497/
And I thought maybe it's a good idea to do something similar to my Busa while I have time... SO far, he didn't reply, maybe because that's kinda old post (from this summer), I dunno. What do you folks think of such upgrades? I will see, if this kind of lighting is legal where I live. But I just want to be sure that my electical system won't go mad because of these LEDs. Also, I'll be grateful if you folks recommend good brands who offer these LEDs. Last night I checked Amazon, and there are tons of led glow kits by no-name chinese brands which do not look reliable to me...
Any help is appreciated!

Hey Ray,

The bike in the post you sent actually has the "million color" kit as they call them. Basically it has a controller and you can cycle through a color array of practically any color that can be achieved in a combination of red green or blue.

On my bike I went just blue because I know that I would never set them to anything else.

The kit that is on my bike is from XK Glow, it is the kit found here

https://www.amazon.com/Single-Unive...2603973011&ie=UTF8&qid=1542289914&sr=8-3&th=1

They guarantee the lights for life and have replaced lights for me on several occasions , I can not say enough good things about them and their quality products.

I also bought a set of these to go under the tail (the xk glow strips are a tad thick and large. I wanted something a little lower profile. These are on the under tail, the under nose and in the lower fairing.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=222352679580

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike5.jpg

bike6.jpg

bike7.jpg

bike8.jpg

bike9.jpg

bike10.jpg

Hey, Ray Wilcox needs some LED advice, maybe you can help him out.
Plus, I gotta ask, do you make your girlfriend dress up like smurfette?:p:p:laugh::lol:
LOL that would certainly make things interesting. No I do not but I do drive her crazy with my antics. We were microwave shopping a few weeks back since ours took a poop. We must have gone to 8 stores trying to find one with blue led display. I found one though!

I replied to Ray, I didnt see his post, I suck!

1542291588910.png

LOL that would certainly make things interesting. No I do not but I do drive her crazy with my antics. We were microwave shopping a few weeks back since ours took a poop. We must have gone to 8 stores trying to find one with blue led display. I found one though!

I replied to Ray, I didnt see his post, I suck!

View attachment 1588557
That's pretty funny and scary all at the same time.

So here is how I did all the removable parts of the bike that have led’s.

I used the quick disconnect (get the heat shrink ones so they seal and will be more secure)
The push button switch velcro’s Under the side fairing dash panel and I can easily stick my hand under and press it.

C67899AE-851A-4BC9-AB91-0CA4DB609836.jpeg

9EE88D41-A168-4772-A1D1-5B62FD1F3CAC.jpeg

I highly appreciate your comments and all your help! Well, I decided to start with the XK Glow kit and seems like Amazon has got it listed cheapest, so I ordered one for myself. I have also found an installation instruction, will keep it here as I may need it when I will be installing my LEDs.
https://www.motorcycleid.com/images/xkglow/items/pdf/xk034001-a-mounting-instructions.pdf
Hoping it will not throw errors, as some people say LED lights may throw errors like the bulb is out or something. But if you are saying it works just fine, I'll hope it will work okay for me as well.

I highly appreciate your comments and all your help! Well, I decided to start with the XK Glow kit and seems like Amazon has got it listed cheapest, so I ordered one for myself. I have also found an installation instruction, will keep it here as I may need it when I will be installing my LEDs.
https://www.motorcycleid.com/images/xkglow/items/pdf/xk034001-a-mounting-instructions.pdf
Hoping it will not throw errors, as some people say LED lights may throw errors like the bulb is out or something. But if you are saying it works just fine, I'll hope it will work okay for me as well.
LEDs throw errors in vehicles that check bulbs for status. You should be fine.

Nice ride Ray. Not going to give a hard time about the Honda the more bikes one has the better; i was partial to a 1000RR i use to work on for a good friend.

Back