Made it into the 7s!

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
I made it into the 7s this weekend! First time for me on this setup. For those of you that know, this bike started out as a street bike, which I've converted to a Pro Street setup (sort of). I still have to do the entire front end on the bike, and I'm still running an RCC Stage 1 kit! There's still a bunch of work that I have to do on tuning, suspension, and boost ramp, but I'm confident that I will go faster by years end. I also have to begin playing with the MTC Gen2 clutch to get that 60ft down some.
I do plan on going all out this winter on the front end, as well as an upgraded turbo setup, along with a new fuel management system (running ECU editor).
This was done up in Alberta, Canada.

7.jpg

Not to give away all your secrets. But I’m a few seconds behind ya, and the latest track setup I tried was 19/52. Can you help a brother out on 1/4 gearing? 256hp 66”, 210lbs suited crossing top of 4th

Hey Jake. I do have some suggestions on how you can improve your e.t. just from your vid as well. Start at the beginning of the video, you should warm up the tire for longer than what you did (you may not have traction issues now, but it's because you aren't leaving hard). Second, there's no need to be revving your bike while heading up to the line. This just adds heat to the mix, which is not your friend. So now you're at the line and getting ready to launch (I'm assuming you're running a stick clutch), you need way higher RPMs to make your turbo work for you off the line. For reference, when I had a stock clutch, I was leaving at 7800 rpm, which was not on a 2 step. Now when you launch, it looks like you're dumping the clutch as your RPMS drop hard and the engine lugs. You shouldn't do this for many reasons, one to make the clutch work for you and slip the way it is intended, and 2 turbo bikes need RPM to make power to leave, and 3 you could spin off the line (the reason for warming up the tire longer), or worse catwalk right away. So you need to partially release the clutch while increasing throttle. You should be full throttle by 60ft. I think if you work on that, you will find that you will drop hearing in the back. One other thing to consider, the rear tire you are running and tire pressure. I run my rear tire at 10psi on the track.

isn't 19/52 kinda low gearing for a turbo...i would think taller gearing than stock...and let the big power reel in the back half....like maybe 19/48 or 18/43....which is like a 19/46

whole lot of shifting going on @ 19/52 . Would imagine 1st gear change is very quick , and your proably shifting to 6th just before the traps . More shifts = more time loss Try to gear the bike where your not shifting right at the end . Going through top of fith is better than shifting to 6th at finish line .

Back