Some days suck

c10

Registered
Myself and 3 other's assisted in this today.
Farm dog with a collar, and his buddy dog stayed close. The driver never stopped to assist. I have spent the day covered in his blood. Had my company track my van for stop time to get address for farm. I'll go by tomorrow to inform owners. A woman took him to emergency room in her suv. I think his spine is broken though. I pulled him off the road way. Came up with the doubled cardboard box to tray, and keep him flat carrying to suv.
It sucks seeing things like this, but would expect the plate owner to be of higher morality, and stop. It is the dog owners fault.

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

Poor dog, yeah, that plate owner should have stopped for sure.
End of the day it is the dog owner's fault, as you rightly said, but sh*t happens and this is one example. I feel bad seeing that dog lying there, I have two dogs and it would be heart breaking to see them hurt . . .
Thanks for stopping and helping that poor wounded doggie Bryan.

Your a good man c10, I know if i were in your shoes i would have done the same. Don't know how you kept your composure. I just had to make a quick break to the rest room and dry my eyes. I really and truly hope he makes it. I am sure I speak on behalf of every animal loving member of this forum when I say thank you!
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” - Dean Koontz

Your a good man c10, I know if i were in your shoes i would have done the same. Don't know how you kept your composure. I just had to make a quick break to the rest room and dry my eyes. I really and truly hope he makes it. I am sure I speak on behalf of every animal loving member of this forum when I say thank you!
“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” - Dean Koontz

right? I couldn't even bear to look at the dog, and I've seen some grizzly things as an FMTB corpsman.

right? I couldn't even bear to look at the dog, and I've seen some grizzly things as an FMTB corpsman.
I seem to have more emotion for animals than humans, I guess because animals, especially domesticated animals are so sincere and pure in their love and affection to their owners and in all respects only desire to please. I have dealt with so many bad people in the world that my perception of humans is skewed but animals just no, no one should inflict un-necessary harm to any animal. I can only imagine what is going through that poor animals mind. I can only hope and pray that it recovers.

Seeing that the owner of the car/plate is a combat wounded veteran it might be that he have some kind of issues with living creatures getting wounded... The right thing to do is of course to stop and handle it but some people just cant... anymore..

I seem to have more emotion for animals than humans, I guess because animals, especially domesticated animals are so sincere and pure in their love and affection to their owners and in all respects only desire to please. I have dealt with so many bad people in the world that my perception of humans is skewed but animals just no, no one should inflict un-necessary harm to any animal. I can only imagine what is going through that poor animals mind. I can only hope and pray that it recovers.

Especially when the friend won't leave him there alone. It breaks my heart.

Well Melissa called me. She took the dog to the vet. The dog was a female, and she passed in route to vet. I made the trip back to the site / farm where many animals are. All seem well cared for.

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

A message from the other lady who stopped to give assistance.

Hello. This is Danielle, I got your card this morning when we found the injured dog. I was wondering if you have the contact information for the woman who took him to the vet? I wanted to see if she needed additional help and also if she was planning on keeping him. Thank you

Disappointed that people place such a low value on the life of an animal...

This might sound kind of weird but I feel sad every time I see an animal dead on the road. Sometimes I'll see a domestic cat which was run over and wonder on who would take the time to run over someone's pet without a second thought.

If it was either me or the animal, I'd have to pick me obviously but I avoid hitting critters as much as humanly possible.

Disappointed that people place such a low value on the life of an animal...

This might sound kind of weird but I feel sad every time I see an animal dead on the road. Sometimes I'll see a domestic cat which was run over and wonder on who would take the time to run over someone's pet without a second thought.

If it was either me or the animal, I'd have to pick me obviously but I avoid hitting critters as much as humanly possible.
I know exactly what you mean. It saddens me to see it too.

Farmer called me a little bit ago . It was not his dog , but he was feeding her . He lives on a dead end , and people dump dogs often on his rural road . He was sorry to hear the news , and said she was friendly , and hyper . After our conversation called up the Vet clinic , and spoke to Morgan . Gave her the final details that she was a dumped pet , and no one was going to be coming looking for her . She said they would take care of her . She will be cremated . I'm guessing she was dumped because she was a big goofy dog . They got her as a cute little puppy , and she grew to need more time / attention than they were willing to do . Instead of finding a home lets just dump her. Looking back I see were she was full grown , but young as her teeth were immaculate .

Back