24 Volt System Won't Start

busakiller

Registered
So I bought 2 new batterys for my busa to do my 24 volt start system. I got the batterys mounted and ran the wires for the system. Bike won't start and nothing turns on. I made a picture showing how it's wired up. I didn't include the clutch wire or the +12 ignition wire in the picture. Everything is labeled on the wires so pretty hard to mess up. I did hook up the chassis ground to the primary battery and I have lights now. But the bike still doesn't turn over.

It's a tiger racing set up has 3 relays on it. It worked when pulled from the sellers bike.

I have dyno time set up for Friday and in a hard place right now since I need to get it tuned for racing this weekend.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated

20160817_215346.jpg

Tiger racing. I called them first and got a call back. They helped me figure out one of the problems I had. I didn't know what to do with the negative terminal on the 2nd battery. Now that I got that wired. The bike still won't start/turnover. So I emailed them before posting this. Still haven't heard back from them.

He has had several versions, does yours have a small 30 fuse?

What color wire did you use for the clutch switch?

Not enough information for me to help and I have no previous experience with tiger racing or anyone else 24 volt starting system.

I plan on deleting this over the winter. I want to try and wire it up a different way. Schintz racing has a dirgram on how to wire it a different way.

In the first picture with the red arrow pointing to the red wires. That 3 wire into one is for the ignition. The 2nd picture with the black wire is for the clutch. Iam only using the clutch wire right now. As the ignition wire when hooked up would get super hot. So try plugging in the clutch wire first and see if it works. I plan on deleting my set up and wire it a simple way. See if that resolves some of my rpm signal issues.

Thanks. There are two heavier ga wires, maybe 10 ga, do they connect to the stock battery? Are you noticing the rpm signal drop on woolich?

I am running power commander on my bike. It's a gen 1. I am getting a spike in rpm signal when you crack the throttle. You having similar problems

My logfiles will show a break in the rpm signal and even missing time slices for all data on my gen 2. I have never found the issues but I think it only a recording issue and not anything affecting performance.

Back