New take on Rostra cruise control !

Yes it was absolutely trouble free for the entire 3500 mile trip , and all the months prior to this trip .
Found resume works very well as never used that function before . I was always setting different speeds prior to this trip . The only thing I do not like is initial setting of speed it takes 5 to 7 seconds before it catches so I hold the throttle tube till it takes over . Resume function is instant start to take over . A few notes to 1st time users is due to power / weight when cruise takes over it feels weird , and scary it accelerating on its own so quickly . Say you add one button touch to cruise speed using the increase speed its 1 mph , but it jumps up 3 to 4 mph at 1st then settles back to 1 mph over the 1st set speed . When this happens its like OH CRAP !
No worries though its just something to know , and remember .

The only thing I do not like is initial setting of speed it takes 5 to 7 seconds before it catches so I hold the throttle tube till it takes over .

If you take some of the slack out of the throttle cable it will reduce that time.

Taking that slack out will also help with the 3 - 4 mph pull

Yes it was absolutely trouble free for the entire 3500 mile trip , and all the months prior to this trip .
Found resume works very well as never used that function before . I was always setting different speeds prior to this trip . The only thing I do not like is initial setting of speed it takes 5 to 7 seconds before it catches so I hold the throttle tube till it takes over . Resume function is instant start to take over . A few notes to 1st time users is due to power / weight when cruise takes over it feels weird , and scary it accelerating on its own so quickly . Say you add one button touch to cruise speed using the increase speed its 1 mph , but it jumps up 3 to 4 mph at 1st then settles back to 1 mph over the 1st set speed . When this happens its like OH CRAP !
No worries though its just something to know , and remember .

Great!! I would love to be able to set the speed and sit back and enjoy the mountains and praries and other wonderful scenery, and never worry about speeding tickets. Looks like a nice winter project to do. Thanks for the good info!

Last edited:
Glad to see you have it all installed and working as it should Bryan!! You are going to love this mod and I hope you get many miles out of it.
Sir, I am in process of installing the Rostra cruise on my 2019 Busa. While listening to Bryan's video (Excellent I might add) he mentioned you helped with the dip switch settings. Can you please share any of that information to help a first-timer install the system properly? Thank you, Jeff

200.gif

Sir, I am in process of installing the Rostra cruise on my 2019 Busa. While listening to Bryan's video (Excellent I might add) he mentioned you helped with the dip switch settings. Can you please share any of that information to help a first-timer install the system properly? Thank you, Jeff
Sorry for the late reply. I have not been spending much time here. My settings are 2,5,6 and 10 in the up/on position and the rest of the switches are down/off

Back