Search is over (Pics)

Slowstang305

Registered
Thanks everyone for all of the advice on finding the right Hayabusa. I have been riding for a little over a year and started off on cruisers. My brother wanted to ride his whole life so both of us took the MSF together (both in our 30s). Picked up a Yamaha Stryker 1300CC at first and then a Harley Davidson Fatboy LO. The Yamaha Stryker isn't going anywhere as I'm 100% impressed what it can do and how it handles. The Fatboy LO is gone to a new home. The Harley just wasn't me. It was heavy, hot, slow, etc. I did not like dealing with other Harley Davidson riders because I don't fit in. I love all motorcycles, but HD riders in my area don't think care if its not HD branded. The local HD service department was a joke and they made it sound like they were doing me a favor by giving me 20% discount on a set of tires... Get this $900 out the door installed. I purchased the same tires online and had them installed by an independent for $450 total. I put 9k miles so far this year on the bikes total. After I sold the Fatboy Lo I went to the local Harley dealer and was able to test ride the Harley Davidson Street Glide, 2017, 3k miles. Again.... it wasn't me. It was slow big and I actually learned that I wanted to feel like I was riding a motorcycle when I was actually riding a motorcycle. The fairing bikes just not for me. The transmission was clunky (more than my Fatboy).

A good friend of mine let me test ride his Yamaha R1. I only rode it for all of 5 minutes and realized that it was something I could get used to after a while. The seating position was WIERD as can be. I felt like I was laying down almost completely. I'm a big guy, 6'3 254lbs so it just wasn't built for me. I have always been a huge fan of the Hayabusa. The style is just something that amazes me. I have owned sports cars before and you can tell that every inch of the car was designed, not just slapped together. This is how I felt about the Hayabusa. I read about the 2nd gear issue that many Gen 1's get and to be honest the Gen II just had a look that I liked a tad more. I started searching.... I went and sat on a new one and it felt a LOT more comfortable then an R1 due to the lean angle being just a little different. I like to ride.... A LOT so thats important. For a bit over a month now I have been scouting every website in existence, trying to find the right bike. I was almost ready to start driving to NJ to pick one up until I was able to find one locally.

Shes a 2014, 3k mile beauty. Black underneath with a custom wrap. 8-9in stretch on a 240 RT swingarm, 2 Bros exhaust, etc. Tuned but nothing else performance wise. I will peel the wrap later on but it is a work of art at least in my eyes.

44583349_10213313166287390_86926624787791872_n.jpg

44711458_10213313167847429_3810688417453309952_n.jpg

12472648_10153625076266896_6392507280793837970_n.jpg

I'm waiting on the release of the lien as we speak from the previous owner but she is in my possession. I trailered it home but took it for a quick spin around the neighborhood. She is a blast and something I can get used to. I haven't had it above 4k but I can tell power is there ready to pounce. I'm going to take it nice and slow and get used to the bike. I tried C mode and A mode and noticed the difference but as someone here mentioned, ride it in A mode because one day you may forget you are in A mode and the bike will act differently than the C mode you are used to. Im going to follow that advice. Hoping for many miles on this one!

Thanks everyone for all of the advice on finding the right Hayabusa. I have been riding for a little over a year and started off on cruisers. My brother wanted to ride his whole life so both of us took the MSF together (both in our 30s). Picked up a Yamaha Stryker 1300CC at first and then a Harley Davidson Fatboy LO. The Yamaha Stryker isn't going anywhere as I'm 100% impressed what it can do and how it handles. The Fatboy LO is gone to a new home. The Harley just wasn't me. It was heavy, hot, slow, etc. I did not like dealing with other Harley Davidson riders because I don't fit in. I love all motorcycles, but HD riders in my area don't think care if its not HD branded. The local HD service department was a joke and they made it sound like they were doing me a favor by giving me 20% discount on a set of tires... Get this $900 out the door installed. I purchased the same tires online and had them installed by an independent for $450 total. I put 9k miles so far this year on the bikes total. After I sold the Fatboy Lo I went to the local Harley dealer and was able to test ride the Harley Davidson Street Glide, 2017, 3k miles. Again.... it wasn't me. It was slow big and I actually learned that I wanted to feel like I was riding a motorcycle when I was actually riding a motorcycle. The fairing bikes just not for me. The transmission was clunky (more than my Fatboy).

A good friend of mine let me test ride his Yamaha R1. I only rode it for all of 5 minutes and realized that it was something I could get used to after a while. The seating position was WIERD as can be. I felt like I was laying down almost completely. I'm a big guy, 6'3 254lbs so it just wasn't built for me. I have always been a huge fan of the Hayabusa. The style is just something that amazes me. I have owned sports cars before and you can tell that every inch of the car was designed, not just slapped together. This is how I felt about the Hayabusa. I read about the 2nd gear issue that many Gen 1's get and to be honest the Gen II just had a look that I liked a tad more. I started searching.... I went and sat on a new one and it felt a LOT more comfortable then an R1 due to the lean angle being just a little different. I like to ride.... A LOT so thats important. For a bit over a month now I have been scouting every website in existence, trying to find the right bike. I was almost ready to start driving to NJ to pick one up until I was able to find one locally.

Shes a 2014, 3k mile beauty. Black underneath with a custom wrap. 8-9in stretch on a 240 RT swingarm, 2 Bros exhaust, etc. Tuned but nothing else performance wise. I will peel the wrap later on but it is a work of art at least in my eyes.

View attachment 1587144
View attachment 1587145
View attachment 1587146

I'm waiting on the release of the lien as we speak from the previous owner but she is in my possession. I trailered it home but took it for a quick spin around the neighborhood. She is a blast and something I can get used to. I haven't had it above 4k but I can tell power is there ready to pounce. I'm going to take it nice and slow and get used to the bike. I tried C mode and A mode and noticed the difference but as someone here mentioned, ride it in A mode because one day you may forget you are in A mode and the bike will act differently than the C mode you are used to. Im going to follow that advice. Hoping for many miles on this one!
Congrats on finding “the one”! That wrap looks very unique and should be an Eye catcher. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1587144
View attachment 1587145
View attachment 1587146

Congrats sir!! Beautiful bike and I actually really like the wrap even though you will be removing it. It’s like a fallen heroes theme. Def an all American looking bike lol.

Very nice machine ya got there, what does a wrap actually cost on a bike?
Over here in NZ a friend had his Toyota Supra wrapped and it was $3K ! !
A decent paint job for his car would be $10K FFS!! Ridiculous I reckon, just curious about the prices in the US.

Congratulations on finding the right bike. The wrap certainly stands out, and as long as you don't mind people talking to you about it you're all good! Welcome to the fold.
Thank you sir! I like the wrap a lot to be honest. A lot of my friends are police officers so I'm sure they will appreciate the mural. It has the Miami backdrop with the bridge between downtown and Miami Beach. The owner said it was done 4 times until it was perfect.
Congrats on finding “the one”! That wrap looks very unique and should be an Eye catcher. :thumbsup:
Thanks! It wasn't easy trust me. A lot of these motorcycles are not taken care of and beat up in the market.
Great find, glad you found one.
Thanks!
Congrats! Took a while but it sounds like it was worth the wait for you!
The hardest part was waiting for the right one to come along. I think my vision was becoming blurred from all of the searching LOL
Congrats sir!! Beautiful bike and I actually really like the wrap even though you will be removing it. It’s like a fallen heroes theme. Def an all American looking bike lol.
Yes, LOL definitely! It also happens to be wired with red and blue led's that I cannot use for obvious reasons. But if you guys want to simulate a high speed pursuit, send me a PM LOL
Nice ride sir, enjoy it!
Thank you!
Very nice machine ya got there, what does a wrap actually cost on a bike?
Over here in NZ a friend had his Toyota Supra wrapped and it was $3K ! !
A decent paint job for his car would be $10K FFS!! Ridiculous I reckon, just curious about the prices in the US.
From what I remember, a wrap is around $1000 on a motorcycle. I used to have a Jeep Wrangler that was wrapped and it was around $2500 but a Jeep is build like a box LOL Easy to do.

Yea I can imagine, that wrap definitely was done some place that was hella good at installing wraps. The lines, corners etc are all perfect. I cant even install a piece of scotch tape let alone a gorgeous wrap lol. I imagine that if you were ever stopped for speeding, an officer would be hard pressed to not let you off with just a warning.

View attachment 1587144
View attachment 1587145
View attachment 1587146
If u decided not to peel the wrap (and i honestly don't think it looks bad) i happened to come across this by accident and thought of you and your busa sir.
20190201_210841.jpg

If u decided not to peel the wrap (and i honestly don't think it looks bad) i happened to come across this by accident and thought of you and your busa sir.
Thank you! Funny enough, I ran into it just a few days ago and was already eyeing it. Figure it would be the perfect match for this bike. Thanks for thinking of it Dopey!

Back