Interesting old school Spencer Replica

Ddude just look at that 6-1 header and just in case the yonger guys did'nt know, It sounds even better than it looks! Actually, a tuned 78-79 CBX has the best sounding exhaust note of any motorcycle ever made! By the way do you have this bike?

Sold it a few months back after nearly 17 years. The going price on these, especially an early run first year like my 79 has sky rocketed. A man made me an offer when I wasn’t even selling it that I just couldn’t turn down, far more than high blue book is on my 06 Hayabusa LE! Rode it thru six NW states. Also had an 82 that I extensively toured on thru 11 states. Sold it with 106,000 miles on it to a guy in Nevada. Probably still running.
B99F5B5A-B618-4206-9ECC-F4658FFE491E.jpeg

This is a mates old school racer he has been building for awhile , and has nearly completed . It has a warmed over '80's CB1100F Superbike Performance motor , housed in a braced CB900F frame with a braced Mcintosh swingarm . The bike is sporting some very nice quality components , such as the exquisite Ohlins conventional 43mm cartridge equipped fork , featuring axial mounts for the Brembo P4 calipers and at the rear end , twin Ohlins piggy back shocks . The era faithful Dymag 3 spoke magnesium wheels , the Agras triple trees , Woodcraft rearsets and the Striker hand bent titanium exhaust round out the special nicely . Won't be long now ,

View attachment 1586046

View attachment 1586047

till this bike gets to take to the track for a workout .
That's what I grew up lusting after when I was a kid. A bike just like that. My uncle had a GS1100E that was the fastest thing ever to 8yo me. Then he got a GSX1100G that was really nice but the 1998-99 Bandit GSF1200S was what did me in. My first bike was a 1981 Suzuki GS850G. I love that old school superbike style.

That's what I grew up lusting after when I was a kid. A bike just like that. My uncle had a GS1100E that was the fastest thing ever to 8yo me. Then he got a GSX1100G that was really nice but the 1998-99 Bandit GSF1200S was what did me in. My first bike was a 1981 Suzuki GS850G. I love that old school superbike style.
We are both on the same page here bro , I too love these era bikes , the GS1100 , called GSX1100E in AU was king , back in the day , when I was 13 .

View attachment 1681270
No one can convince me any of the current crop of riders are better than ANYONE that raced the two stroke MotoGP days. No aero BS no rider "aids" just skill. MotoGP has been turning into F1 and it far worse for it. WSB, BSB, Motoamerica>MotoGP WRC and Touring Car>F1

No one can convince me any of the current crop of riders are better than ANYONE that raced the two stroke MotoGP days. No aero BS no rider "aids" just skill. MotoGP has been turning into F1 and it far worse for it. WSB, BSB, Motoamerica>MotoGP WRC and Touring Car>F1
100% agree with this....
The riders of yesteryear where an entirely different breed....

View attachment 1681270
Honda made a street legal NSR400 3 cylinder and it was supposed to compete against the RG and RZ500s.......which it didn't

We were all surprised back in the day that Kawasaki didn't bother with a street legal 2 stroke to compete against them....but Kawasaki was steering towards the high output 4 strokes at the time...

View attachment 1681934
Build us #AmericanMuscle *
I don't know how complete that list is Red.........

There were quite a few "muscle bikes" in those days......I didn't see the CB900F or Kawasaki Z1R on that list which were potent bikes in their own right....

This was a sweet bike in it's day......

Back