Pilot Road 5

On a rear Hayabusa tire? Gramma:laugh:

I reset my trip 2 the day the tires were mounted. The pics below show current mileage and the rear tire tread. Those are the center water channels you see.

20180928_223713.jpg

20180928_223817.jpg

I bought my bike about 4 months ago with around 5600km on the clock, and it was fitted with a pair of near new Battlax T31's.
I killed the rear in 4400km. Granted, I was getting used to the new bike therefore I wasn't using the entire tyre for the first 2k. So the center wore out more than the sides. But during the second 2k I got over more often.

I fitted a pair of MICHELIN ROAD 5's (190/50/17 Rear)- a couple of weeks ago. NZ$590 fitted & balanced.
What a transformation ! These inspire 100% more confidence than the Battlax tyres. Now I'm hoping that I can see the same mileage that I'm reading other members are getting out of their R5's.

I run 39/39psi. Even though I feel as if I'm leaning her over, it still doesn't appear to have gone past the middle wear-line on the edge.

I bought my bike about 4 months ago with around 5600km on the clock, and it was fitted with a pair of near new Battlax T31's.
I killed the rear in 4400km. Granted, I was getting used to the new bike therefore I wasn't using the entire tyre for the first 2k. So the center wore out more than the sides. But during the second 2k I got over more often.

I fitted a pair of MICHELIN ROAD 5's (190/50/17 Rear)- a couple of weeks ago. NZ$590 fitted & balanced.
What a transformation ! These inspire 100% more confidence than the Battlax tyres. Now I'm hoping that I can see the same mileage that I'm reading other members are getting out of their R5's.

I run 39/39psi. Even though I feel as if I'm leaning her over, it still doesn't appear to have gone past the middle wear-line on the edge.

I'm currently sitting at 10,6xx on my current set. Probably wont change them until December or January.

I'm currently sitting at 10,6xx on my current set. Probably wont change them until December or January.

This is the rear of the pair of R5's I fitted on the 1st of this month - Only leaning to the second bar so far.
IMG_20181019_100437.jpg

This is the front of the pair of R5's I fitted on the 1st of this month - only leaning to the first bar.
IMG_20181019_100531.jpg

I felt as though I had leaned and powered off way further. I guess I'll have to ride harder :)

So far, I'm loving these tyres.

11033.6 miles and counting. The front is definitely getting towards the end of its life. The rear has plenty of tread left. Going to change them both out at the same time.

2011 with stock gearing. Only mods are slip ons and hand / foot controls.

20181025_081815.jpg

20181025_081829.jpg

This is the rear of the pair of R5's I fitted on the 1st of this month - Only leaning to the second bar so far.
View attachment 1586605

This is the front of the pair of R5's I fitted on the 1st of this month - only leaning to the first bar.View attachment 1586604

I felt as though I had leaned and powered off way further. I guess I'll have to ride harder :)

So far, I'm loving these tyres.

This is how the rear looks now (a little over 1000km since fitting a month ago) - And I still like these tyres very much :)

IMG_20181024_135209.jpg

Next set of tyres pop on some angled valve stems ;)
Solid advice! I did it on the the busa on my first tire change. The concours14 has TPMS with straight valve stems and is a freaking PITA. I bought one of those “add-on 90s to use when I have to air those up.

Back