New Job @ Suzuki BMW Motorcycle Dealership!!

We have to talk sometime going down really bites
and we have both had a taste of it .

In the ER adrenaline pumping then
the scrubbing starts down & dirty .

The curses that came out of me .

My response to you got to calm down
was go F-yourself I can't calm down .

Looks like you had worse road rash than I did .

But I was young wild & stupid .

Most of us would rather take being young wild & stupid ~ over getting tossed by a tornado on the ride home from work *

Another day at the office . . . .

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2317.JPG

Had a '07 GSXR750K come in and it was not making any power over 4000rpm, and running really lean . . .
Turned out all 4 inlet manifold intake rubbers that bolt to the cylinder head and house the throttle bodies had all totally separated away from the base plate, and you could grab the throttle bodies and lift them up and down about an inch ! ! !
None of us had ever seen this before but I can tell you the rubber was as hard as a hard thing, even harder!
Replaced all the intake rubbers, reassemble everything and it ran mint :thumbsup:
Heres some pics.

Below, see the gap when t/bodies are lifted?
IMG_2318.JPG

Below, this when they are resting with only gravity holding them down
IMG_2319.JPG

Unbelievable . . any one got any idea what would cause this?
IMG_2321.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

below is the original before replacement with new one
IMG_2325.JPG

below is the new one to be fitted.
IMG_2326.JPG

Here's the bike . . .
IMG_2320.JPG

Had a '07 GSXR750K come in and it was not making any power over 4000rpm, and running really lean . . .
Turned out all 4 inlet manifold intake rubbers that bolt to the cylinder head and house the throttle bodies had all totally separated away from the base plate, and you could grab the throttle bodies and lift them up and down about an inch ! ! !
None of us had ever seen this before but I can tell you the rubber was as hard as a hard thing, even harder!
Replaced all the intake rubbers, reassemble everything and it ran mint :thumbsup:
Heres some pics.

View attachment 1585632

View attachment 1585633

View attachment 1585634

View attachment 1585635

View attachment 1585636
View attachment 1585638

View attachment 1585639
Here's the bike . . .
View attachment 1585640

I hate it when a rubber fails. :moon:

Heres some pics.

View attachment 1585632

View attachment 1585633

View attachment 1585634

View attachment 1585635

View attachment 1585636
View attachment 1585638

View attachment 1585639
Here's the bike . . .
View attachment 1585640

Did it sit for a long time at some point?
I would think it would have had to for the rubber to dry rot like that.

Ouch!! :shocked:

this one is expensive to sort !:rolleyes:
the young guy that owns it claims "his carbon knuckles on his glove got caught under the front brake lever whilst full throttle and could not back the throttle off, causing a massive wheelie and consequently flipped the bike" hmmmmm . . .
IMG_2328.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2330.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_2334.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

Here's a DRZ-400 I did a pre-delivery inspection (PDI) on today at work.
Brand new, $8495 plus on road costs.
IMG_2343.JPG

Take a look at the restriction in the carburettor intake manifold!!
Yep, that's PC BS right there.
IMG_2342.JPG

I had to cut that rubber outta there, and then take a throttle stop restrictor off the carby ( only allowed 30% throttle max), took the restricted air-box cover off the top of the air-box ( a big rubber flap with a small entry hole) and removed the muffler-end restrictor to allow full flow exhaust.

Man she could really breathe then ! ! :thumbsup:
Loud too lol.

The big question is: are you having fun?
They must like the fact you have a Hayabusa.
Am I having fun? Well, is work ever 'fun'? lol
Yeah, I'm likin' it a LOT more than working in a car workshop, it's better in the respect that there is more interesting and varied work, it's still a novelty and a 'honeymoon' period at the mo' but the guys I work with are all motorcycle nutters and really good dudes so that's a big plus!
I have total contempt for cars and total respect for bikes, I see cars as a means to get from A to B with a roof and a heater/radio.
I used to clash with the mechanics/car fanatics I worked with in the car repair game, now I feel at ease with the guys I'm workin' with, so yeah . .
I am 'having fun'. :super:
The boys do like the fact I have a Busa and 48 years of riding experience, they give me respect for that and don't give me sh*t for being 'over the hill'. :thumbsup:

I'm enjoying this thread as I made the move from being a long-time aircraft tech to wrenching at a Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda/KTM dealer three years ago.

PDIs, first services, oil and tire changes do get somewhat boring after a while but like you, I work with a fantastic group of people who all love bikes, and all want to be at the shop. It makes a HUGE difference when you're surrounded by people who like what they do. :thumbsup:

Not meaning to hijack your thread but I can't not show you the downside of working at a dealership... some times you get the stupidest looking sh!t in and it's impossible to wrap your brain around what the owner was thinking! :banghead:

View attachment 1586446

View attachment 1586447

Ok . . . the guy obviously has taken one acid trip too many . . .

like the other week we had a tripper bring in a BMW R100 '89 model, all cut down to a "Bobber" ffs.
I mean, WTF?? Who does that?
He had 'wiring issues' , I wonder why that was??

Ok . . . the guy obviously has taken one acid trip too many . . .

like the other week we had a tripper bring in a BMW R100 '89 model, all cut down to a "Bobber" ffs.
I mean, WTF?? Who does that?
He had 'wiring issues' , I wonder why that was??
if u guys put new tires on a bike... do u scuff the tires in for customers?

Back