ZX11 efi turbo build

Using kawasaki built in oil pump,to siphon oil from turbo return to pan,no need for electric pump,or mount turbo return line above oil level :)

Screenshots_2018-09-15-23-09-35.png

I mentioned to link to Dustin's page for kit...

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1160287290784351?tsid=0.8820727492396678&source=result

I'm wanting an air shifter....and my microsquirt v3 to control autoshift,at set rpm....and thought about a nos system to progressively launch before turbo kicks in.....zx11 pretty heavy , and I'm run in a big turbo,so would like to ramp nos in early ,and blend into turbo spool

Like say my turbo starts boosting at 5500,I'll progressive nos 10-20-35-50-35-20-10.....inbetween 3500...and...8000 rpm

Something like that?

Last edited:
I see the ms2 has no progressives was hoping to not have to buy a separate one....so may just run a small 30hp shot between 3-7k
why don't u install the electronics and hit the start button and make sure it runs first.

"3rd bearing problem = oil pickup sucking air"

hi..ive seen lots of 250hp to 500hp nos and turbo ZX11's still running with many miles, even today friend runs a 1255 nos drag bike...8.01 1/4 mile no oiling problems

I went through the "3rd bearing problem" back in 1991....and learned how to keep it from happing again...I had a high comp big block and can do had launched,wheelies,long speed runs...no problem or worrying about that ever again

now...why is it sucking air?

it can keep 1 1/2 quarts of oil in head at hi rpm runs....main cap oil hole offset little (I know some restrictions from factory, are to keep pressure high, but don't think so in this area)

easily fixed with lining up main bearing cap, and keeping the oil level "always to top of window"....plus this pipe mod, to bottom of sump..I did to keep oil pickup wet.....

1-just keep oil to top of window

2-direct oil to bottom of sump...dont just let it find its way there (Doug Meyer mod from running his ZX11 at bonneville for top speed runs...did hundreds of runs)

3-shimmed pressure valve

stock or light modded ZX11's lots running with no problems....I would atlas run oil at top of window...if building big power, or wheelies,lsr running...do the above mods

I bought this zx11 for 1k with the 3rd bearing already bad....I knew how to fix it....bought a used crank for 225,1 used rod $50,1 rod bearing set (all others within spec) $50....some oil and filter 50...back on the road for $350....so 1350 for a good running zx11,that was 60k miles ago 7 yrs ago or more

no problems with the 3rd bearing if these steps are taken...even on 500hp turbo ZX11's

now if you were running a stroker crank on the 1300....ive read they have to be exact tolerances and side load of bearing measured too...as entropy learned on his ZX12 adventure

I was going to get a +4 stroker from marine ,David said +4 is best for ZX11,Richard Sims pointed me to him rip

when I was going na build, but leaving stock for turbo but would like to build a na stroker big block for a side motor/fun project too :)

Last edited:
There is one thing idea like to add on oiling mods to keep rods oiled....besides keep in sump full....whish is 99% of rods going bad....but big turbo power and/or long high rim runs......flute the crank holes....mains back.....rods forward

For future viewers :)

Last edited:
There is one thing idea like to add on oiling mods to keep rods oiled....besides keep in sump full....whish is 99% of rods going bad....but big turbo power and/or long high rim runs......flute the crank holes....mains back.....rods forward

For future viewers :)

Standing behind bike....I should say mains "Forward" ......and if you do rods.....back

Here a pic of Steve Rice 500hp bike crank....mains done here.....I just like to do rod ones too....but spinning of crank forces oil outwards....so probably don't need to on rod journal.....just the crank

DSCF8319-1.jpg

It's blackind...and on handle bars haha....I'm gonna start hopefully this Wednesday
im bustin ure ballz… but really though... it would be a good idea to make sure it runs before shelling out for all these parts.... and u mentioned u were gonna run a big turbo... with a used rod in there... be careful... busas generally go to 310-340 hp with stock rods... for a period of time anyway.

That's true.......I'll slow it down...take it easy and test out what I got now :)
I did already have this part I got for $220 used a couple yrs ago...I'm just now installing it,cause I was gonna put in my stroker big block build,until I changed my mind to go turbo route.

Last edited:
Back