Buying A New 2011...

Just bought a black 2011, stickers are still on tank, price lowered to 10,599 from factory, could not pass it up.
Great bike so far, just did 600 mile service and ordered some M4 slip ons for it.

Congrats!

Looks like i'll be coming over to AZ when it's time to get mine,Cycle Trader lists a couple of dealers in Peoria and Tucson offering 2011's for $10,595,compared to $12-$13,000 over here.I'll have to pay around $1,000 CA sales tax+license but am sure i'll get a much better deal over your way.Can i ask what your final,OTD price was?

Thanks bro,
Jeff

I would call Ridenow on Ina in Tucson and ask them for a bottom line since your in CA.
Ask for Chris and tell him Al sent you.
I've bought three bikes from him and he is a class act.

Will do Al,
and thanks for
the heads up !

:thumbsup:

Simba is about ready to kill everybody at the house ~ them damn mice don't stand a chance with him there *

giphy.gif

That or bored beyond all existence...retirement can do that sometimes.
I would literally KILL to be bored outta my mind... I feel like a hamster on a wheel, I was at work and a captain was jibber jabbering something about how I have to be more careful..... and I was sooooooo tired (14th hour) I didn't hear a word and just walked away.... later a co-worker said the captain thinks im 100 percent nuts...… now he doesn't even look at me..... I just wanna be alone with no talking.

I would literally KILL to be bored outta my mind... I feel like a hamster on a wheel, I was at work and a captain was jibber jabbering something about how I have to be more careful..... and I was sooooooo tired (14th hour) I didn't hear a word and just walked away.... later a co-worker said the captain thinks im 100 percent nuts...… now he doesn't even look at me..... I just wanna be alone with no talking.

Aren't you??:poke:

Aren't you??:poke:
no.... there is not a moment that is peaceful... there is always a problem... even at night at my job.... snoring is a crime punishable by attempted murder with these wackos/and they constantly try to get me to send them to the hospital so they can look at the fat nurses.... I take the long drive home now.... and I can never get the smell off of me no matter what I do.

no.... there is not a moment that is peaceful... there is always a problem... even at night at my job.... snoring is a crime punishable by attempted murder with these wackos/and they constantly try to get me to send them to the hospital so they can look at the fat nurses.... I take the long drive home now.... and I can never get the smell off of me no matter what I do.

Your posts all seem to point to one thing...a different employer, or at least a different position would likely do wonders for your health, state of mind, and well being.
I get the money, but there are plenty of jobs in this country you qualify for. They may pay less, but the cost of living can be a huge raise in itself.
Image living somewhere where you guarded petty criminals, your pay was half, but so was your cost of living, so it equalled out.
No crazy long hours and 8 day weeks.
And somewhere with great riding roads, and people like me close by to annoy you.
You might even learn to set sag!!!
Life is too short.

Your posts all seem to point to one thing...a different employer, or at least a different position would likely do wonders for your health, state of mind, and well being.
I get the money, but there are plenty of jobs in this country you qualify for. They may pay less, but the cost of living can be a huge raise in itself.
Image living somewhere where you guarded petty criminals, your pay was half, but so was your cost of living, so it equalled out.
No crazy long hours and 8 day weeks.
And somewhere with great riding roads, and people like me close by to annoy you.
You might even learn to set sag!!!
Life is too short.
Im going to law school...…….. long odyssey.... took lsats.... scored ok.... keep getting sidetracked.... but with my degree in political science I am definitely going to parole.... hard to give up the OT... I made over 106K this far this year. (I went to AIC in springfield,ma.. graduated magna cum laude).. with 2 awards … one in international relation... one in philiosphy…) and I LOVE where I live.... absolutely love it... lotta money here... expensive cars/ crazy hot women..... but school is very very hard when I get mandated soooooo often.... I would be fired if my watch commander called me and told me I was stuck (mandatory OT).. and I left the facility to go to school.... when I go to parole(bachelors degree required).. there is no OT.... I can finally finish what I started.... I got tired of sleeping in friends living rooms and working 50 hours a week to get through school at age 20.... I was broke alllllll thew time.... when i started corrections I was making 32 grand a year(godsend at the time)

Last edited:
I am going to law school . . .

Long odyssey . . .

I got tired of sleeping in friends living rooms
and working 50 hours a week to get through school at age 20 . . .

I was broke all thew time . . .

When I started corrections
I was making 32 grand a year .
( godsend at the time )

we also get 13 paid holidays... we can swap(work 4 doubles... take 8 days off)….. its not allllllll bad... just extremely stressful at times.... u have people that second guess everything u do... and u better not make a mistake.…. itll be on the news … as far as that 211K a year cop goes... all he is doing is trying to run up his retirement pension.... with15-20 years on the job believe me.. we take care of our own... he is family with his officers and the brass obviously likes him and look out for him in the form of BS overtime.... not a good look to see a cop lie to a news reporter though.. they all know the score... shouldn't have said anything or given an interview

Last edited:
Back