My new mega overkill toy hauler!

How does the bike
not fit in the bed
of that truck ?

Most of the trailer hitch fills up the bed ~ sure it will fit a couple of bike without the trailer *

Crazy train you.jpg

How does the bike not fit in the bed of that truck?
Fits nicely, even with the gate up. But I bought a 5th wheel...gooseneck style that hooks into a hitch mounted mid bed. They tow so much better than a regular pull behind trailer is the reason. That, and they are much taller and wider, feel huge inside in comparison.
Troy

Fits nicely,
even with
the gate up .

But I bought a 5th wheel . . .

Goose-neck style
that hooks into a hitch
mounted mid bed .

They tow so much better than
a regular pull behind trailer is the reason .

That,
and they are much
taller and wider,
feel huge inside
in comparison .

Troy .

Might have to roll our rig out to Florida next year Troy ~ perhaps you could scout out a safe place to camp in April or May *

2000 Silverado 1999 Sea Breeze.jpg

Def Red! Nice setup for sure!
I am not very intimate with local rv places...yet. I had a nice koa in key west, but it got leveled last year. Expecting to be back 100% by next year I think. I will let you know what we find in our new ventures. Planning a 4 week tour next summer. Not sure if we will get as far south as you there, but at least Norcal.
Did you find a god way to bring a bike?
Troy

Thought of them both. Double tow is illegal in many states, including FL.
The sideways hitch mount seemed promising with the 600lb unit. However, most 5ers rear bumpers will not hold more than about 150-200 lbs. called the manuf of mine and they tell me that the class 4 type hitch on the frame will only hold 250 max. And at that, the frame and suspension will damage quickly. Thought of a custom weld job, but afraid of the above statements. Besides, a busa and rack will be pushing the limit of 500 lbs even.
Yes I know, I have personally seen many, but I have not looked underneath to see cracks and such.

Got her home!
Drove about 30 miles of mixed tollway and backroads. This setup sure works. I am fine tuning the trailer brakes. Set at 8.5 now and feels pretty good. Will keep workin it out.
Parked her in her new 'temp' home...until my new garage gets finished. No, it still wont fit inside, but it will have a metal cover. Cant get that yet because I have to wait until the garage is finished due to space issues.
Already reserved a weekend in St.Augestine at the end of the month to try her out.
Troy
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thought of them both. Double tow is illegal in many states, including FL.
What you be talking about Willis? In some states like Mi. you need a 19.00 dollar endorsement and can't go over 83 or whatever feet but combos are common if that is what you meant.
Oh and if over 26001 lbs you need a class a noncommerical lic. and I'm betting 80% don't.

Got her home!
Drove about 30 miles of mixed tollway and backroads. This setup sure works. I am fine tuning the trailer brakes. Set at 8.5 now and feels pretty good. Will keep workin it out.
Parked her in her new 'temp' home...until my new garage gets finished. No, it still wont fit inside, but it will have a metal cover. Cant get that yet because I have to wait until the garage is finished due to space issues.
Already reserved a weekend in St.Augestine at the end of the month to try her out.
TroyView attachment 1585422
View attachment 1585423

View attachment 1585424
Great setup! We don’t have curves in Florida, but scenic route A1A starting at fernandina beach and down through st. Augustine is a nice ride along the east coast.

What you be talking about Willis? In some states like Mi. you need a 19.00 dollar endorsement and can't go over 83 or whatever feet but combos are common if that is what you meant.
Oh and if over 26001 lbs you need a class a noncommerical lic. and I'm betting 80% don't.

I know Florida it is illegal to double tow for sure, even commercial. While researching, there were a few others. Yea, common in MI, as well as trucks with so much load they have 4 or more axels! No wonder those roads such.
Troy

Thanks guys.
It is def waaaay overkill for what I can ever dream to tow. Any 5er, auto transport or boat that I would consider towing will be no feat at all for her. IF, I get another boat, it will probably be dry stored at the port anyway....maybe way down the line a 30-36 center console, but she could handle this, just not me! Lol
Gonna take some getting used to parking. My f150 crew with short bed was a bitch. At least this beast has radar all around so I can see how close to everything I am! Has something like 440 hp and 925 tq! I really cant believe how smooth she rides unloaded. Way better than my 2016 F150. I expected a pretty harsh ride light.
Troy
Hey sounds alot like Ali's ride but think the truck is shy a few HP though. F-350 has got his turbo Busa on torque though so you can still smile about that. Seriously though enjoy it rented a super duty crew cab and my wife fell in love with it instantly.

Congrats, love the Keystone. We plan to be in the market next year so we bought the truck this year. Love the new F350's.

Hey Red, that urs? Havent seen another 5er with a bar. Absolutely love ours!

Twotone, good plan buying the truck first. That was our problem. Loved the 16 F150 3.5tt, but just wouldnt tow what mama wanted. So we got to spend some coin, but very pleased. Ask if u have any questions while hunting...tons of info which I am now versed on!

Nastee, yea this thing is a beast with 450/925 and the 4.10s. Also very plush. Should do us well for many years.
Troy

Hey sounds alot like Ali's ride but think the truck is shy a few HP though. F-350 has got his turbo Busa on torque though so you can still smile about that. Seriously though enjoy it rented a super duty crew cab and my wife fell in love with it instantly.
I didn’t even know you could rent super duty trucks. I want one really bad, but just a F-250.

Back