CB 900RR

I love those!
They were a rocket in their day(120-130hp)
They also make incredible wheelie bikes, because the frame geomotry and overall design is just so good and evenly balanced.
I remember it feeling like a smoother, more refined ZX9, just lacking that Kawasaki grunt.
It is a slightly more upright riding position than a modern cbr1k, or equivalent.
That bike is worth $5k or more, just depending on who wants it.
It appears to be in great shape, and we know Honda has a great reputation for things that run forever, and that looks like it will.
Is it what You want? Only you know that.
But I think most anyone here would enjoy riding it as a 2nd bike, and 2nd only because we are so used to modern power and handling.
The cbr is dated, but classic, and great enough to still be fun today.

Those Honda's were like a 400 psychically , but on steroids . I did get a ride on one , and I weighed less then and it was a lot of fun . There was also one back in the day that had extensive motor work running @ best 10.1 1/4s which was good , even though we GSXR lads were represented by old mate running 9.6 at same time . Like Six says , you would enjoy punting that bike around , especially your national park location .

Fun bike. Wheelies easy as stated, but not stated is wheelies when you don't always want to. Big head shake @ times when it comes down from the road caused wheelie.
My buddy had one and would employ me as pilot on street races as I was 130 lb v's his 230 lb

Had that exact bike same color and everything. It was a wheelie monster. At the time it was very quick. Reliable doesn’t begin to describe it.

Flipped it doing.....guess what....wheelies. Rebuilt it, then dropped it and figured I better run away before I die.

That bike did make me very partial to Honda streetbikes as it was a great bike.

Had that exact bike same color and everything. It was a wheelie monster. At the time it was very quick. Reliable doesn’t begin to describe it.

Flipped it doing.....guess what....wheelies. Rebuilt it, then dropped it and figured I better run away before I die.

but the supreme greatness of the busa brought u to suzook.

Funny to think about, but it was so long ago I have an actual photograph of it. A printed photo like the old days. I'll have to see if I can find it.

hi greg 3852 I puled the cable off today, the was broken . sorry we do not have another one. I never used mine so I did not know it did not work

The CBR 900rr was probably one the the most influential bikes ever made ( non-suzuki). Big bore motor and as light as the 600’s of the time. It took a buddy of mine about a month to wreck his riding wheelies back in the day.

3CB76417-D9FF-4C72-A33C-04F103C27AF1.jpeg

Here’s the tiger on the Dyno,

Not sure I’d like a wheelie prone bike. I have no problem lifting the front end on the Busa as it is. The weight is pretty good, about 450 wet but I was surprised at the 16” front wheel.

My first big bike had the cappy 16" front wheel , i think it was common back then.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/suzu/suzuki_gsx750es 83.htm
Yeah, I had a 86 GPZ400R and a 84 GPZ900A1, both had those silly little 16" wheels, it was 'the new thing' for front wheels on sport bikes at the time (mid to late '80s) Bloody awful, twitchy fast steering and high profile tyres.
The bike manufacturers saw the light in the end and settled on 17", good job lol.

Back