Maybe worlds fastest Busa bagger

c10

Registered
GPS still not captureing max, but it did grab 171 mph. Real speed was just a tick over 180 mph geared 19/42 @ the top of 5th gear.
Old Ram Jam had maybe 1 to 2 more mph left, but real-estate had run out.
Not bad for bags filled with cooler, and Big windscreen. Conditions were great other than 95 degrees 85% humidity.
DSC_4500.JPG

DSC_4485.JPG

DSC_4481.JPG

DSC_4486.JPG

Great just be careful with the police don t want you losing your licence :thumbsup:
This particular area or stretch has not a side road or service drive for over 2 miles . No place to hide @ either end . No run off/shoulder Your also 60 miles from the city , and only the Sheriffs patrol area ( 1 ) odds are extremely low to see the law here . In 15 years I can not recall seeing one on that road . Now back by the park you see a few from time to time full grown bears DPS .

RJ sure is a special beast C10 , your bike is definitely proving to be a very potent fast mover . I can see this pursuit of 'ultimate long haul weapon' has no speed limit , which is great for us , because , haven't you plans of adding a turbo some day bro ? !! :super:

Toad I do , but Rob has suggested a supercharger may be better for my application / ride style .
( Boosted Cycle Performance ) What I would really enjoy would be Robinson Industries overdrive 5th / 6th gears so I could run 18/ 43 or 18/44 vs 19/42 I would have a heavy hit out of the gate , but still top end capable .

Incase some do not know I spent a great deal of time tucking in the bags , and altering the leading edge angle to make for more speed up top with stable chasi . Sometimes riding Ram Jam @ top end was like riding a wet noodle .

Toad I do , but Rob has suggested a supercharger may be better for my application / ride style .
( Boosted Cycle Performance ) What I would really enjoy would be Robinson Industries overdrive 5th / 6th gears so I could run 18/ 43 or 18/44 vs 19/42 I would have a heavy hit out of the gate , but still top end capable .

Incase some do not know I spent a great deal of time tucking in the bags , and altering the leading edge angle to make for more speed up top with stable chasi . Sometimes riding Ram Jam @ top end was like riding a wet noodle .

I’ve ridden an OD trans on the street before and you’ve REALLY gotta be hauling in 4th to get from basically having to idle in 5th at highway speeds. Your concern is mileage to an extent. You’d be hanging to hang on the throttle pretty good at such low rpm to keep the bike moving.

I rode a customers 19/38 turbo Busa around on the street for a little while. Gotta slide the clutch out a little longer to get going, but if you’re making some power those long gears are amazing. Plus at 80mph I think it was turing 3500rpm or so.

Reactions: c10
xlogo_orient_express_pst.jpg.pagespeed.ic.QDnYr6OFEJ.webp

http://www.dragbike.com/pro-street-goat-list/

After chatting @Jake whitebird on Turbo vs Blower ~^~ and seeing only one super charger on that list *

And I do not really care if my buddy Zebula ~ wears my Hayabusa out with his H2 carbon *

There’s no doubt turbos are the way to go for big power as they’re efficient and consistent. So it definitely makes sense in pro street that the fastest guys, and a majority of the field run them.

But then take a look at the grudge racing scene down here in the south. There’s a few fast turbo guys, but it’s a nitrous dominated class of racing. However most grudge racing is 1/8th mile, so the instant torque and power dominates when you don’t have to run it out the back door like in pro street.

That could very well start to change after next year. We’re currently lined up to test the TTS 800hp direct driven set up that could very well turn the grudge game on its head once everything is lined out.

Will all my recent experience with supercharged hayabusa’s, I feel that if you’re primarily commuting, touring, or not looking for street credit, under 350hp, I’ll suggest a blower any day of the week.

I’ve built, tuned, and ridden countless numbers of turbo bikes. But I can honestly say, do to power delivery, a supercharged Busa is hands down the way to go if you’re not looking to set the world on fire. They are just so damn fun to ride, and are a great option for certain customer needs.

Thank you Rob. I love torque. Not racing anymore, and thinking my current power is more than enough, but 230 ish and reliable would be super.
Hi. I will be running the Robinson OD 5th and 6th with a 20 tooth front and 36 or 38 rear and a 190 or 200 /55 rear tire. I will also be using the Robinsons lower 1st gear. But on the street maybe an 18 / 42 or 44 with a 200/ 50 rear tire. This is with a RCC super ultra kit.

Hi. I will be running the Robinson OD 5th and 6th with a 20 tooth front and 36 or 38 rear and a 190 or 200 /55 rear tire. I will also be using the Robinsons lower 1st gear. But on the street maybe an 18 / 42 or 44 with a 200/ 50 rear tire. This is with a RCC super ultra kit.
How fast you trying to go? 19/36 will get you 250mph with stock trans ratios.

Back