M.unit blue

fast_pace77

Registered
Goodmorning my friends,
For all those unfamiliar with this unit, here is the link. Quite the little gizmo.
https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-unit-blue.html
I have successfully installed this unit and it rocks. For those willing to spring for the expensive unit, u prob should have a shop do the install, or at least know how to do intermediate level wiring.

For those wanting to install this themselves, i have attached a simple wiring diagram for you. The schematic ONLY has the necessities to make the engine go vroom vroom, and the electric fan is handdrawn in. Enjoy

Screenshot_20180819-084723.jpg

(Yes, the rectifier is on its own circuit now. May be spliced into later for accessories)

Mounted the unit in the trunk.
20180816_114220.jpg

20180816_114209.jpg

40amp circuit breaker right below it

20180816_232053.jpg
8ga wire from unit to circuit breaker, then same to the battery. 8ga ground wire as well to battery. Double grounded to chassis as well.

20180813_000516.jpg

Now time to strip all the factory fuses an relays out (except fuel pump and starter relay)

U will now have a race harness if u follow the schematic provided above, with an extremely simplified harness. Beingas that this harness was so much smaller i was able to run it up the same routing as the injector harness. This will allow a streetfighter to happen with nearly 0 wiring showing.
I also made a second harness with all the light provisions and ran it up the right side of the bike under the frame as well.

I will update this thread with pics and videos and answer any questions.

Last edited:
Another reason i purchased it is the full control over the lighting. There are many programmable functions
Screenshot_20180819-101655.png
Screenshot_20180819-101659.png

Here is the switches ive installed
Screenshot_20180817-100438.jpg

The functions include
- push button horn
- turn signals: when a direction briefly pressed it engages light 3 flashes for 'lane change', when button held for one second it engages light for 10 flashes, when held for 2 seconds it stays on until button pressed again or another direction indicated.
- high beam button is a 'flash to pass' upon tapping, then the button also toggles to only high beam when pressed for 1 second, then one more press switches it back to low beam.
- brake light flashes rapidly 8x them stays lit.
- start: ive configured my switches to need a latching switch depressed, and two buttons to be held in order to start the bike (one of the buttons being the original started button)
- i also have the euro switches on the right, which includes a 3 tier lighting control switch. Allows me to have all lights off (including gauge cluster), then when in 2nd position (1st lighting position), the rear running light, brake light work, and turn signals operate. Then when in 'full lighting' position all the lights turn on BUT ONLY once then engine has started, unless i press the high beam button prior to engine starting.

Yes alot to take in, and theres more im forgetting right now, and i will post videos here as the day goes by.

Thanks for staying tuned

I don't understand. Does it replace the ECU? Why do we need it?
Oops im kinda messing up quotes and replys right now. Sry.
No does not replace ecu.
Its just a does-all power controller, mainly for lighting and one source of power beyond the battery. It was a fun project and ive posted a list of features in an above post.

Thanks kiwi.
I accidentally pressed the 'post' button on my phone WAY early so i didnt get in the proper stuff for everybody, so im playing catch up right now.
Bear with me

Another reason i purchased it is the full control over the lighting. There are many programmable functions
View attachment 1584425View attachment 1584426

Here is the switches ive installed
View attachment 1584427

The functions include
- push button horn
- turn signals: when a direction briefly pressed it engages light 3 flashes for 'lane change', when button held for one second it engages light for 10 flashes, when held for 2 seconds it stays on until button pressed again or another direction indicated.
- high beam button is a 'flash to pass' upon tapping, then the button also toggles to only high beam when pressed for 1 second, then one more press switches it back to low beam.
- brake light flashes rapidly 8x them stays lit.
- start: ive configured my switches to need a latching switch depressed, and two buttons to be held in order to start the bike (one of the buttons being the original started button)
- i also have the euro switches on the right, which includes a 3 tier lighting control switch. Allows me to have all lights off (including gauge cluster), then when in 2nd position (1st lighting position), the rear running light, brake light work, and turn signals operate. Then when in 'full lighting' position all the lights turn on BUT ONLY once then engine has started, unless i press the high beam button prior to engine starting.

Yes alot to take in, and theres more im forgetting right now, and i will post videos here as the day goes by.

Thanks for staying tuned
which button controls the moon roof? I cant wait till cbx sees this... he better not go easy on THIS newjack… he was ruthless with me

I have trouble figuring out which button to hit for the horn and blinker cancel on the bikes I already own. Can't believe it is not a standard on all bikes tw. Can't imagine all them buttons and actually hitting the one you thought was correct!
Troy
Lol ya ive hit the horn a few times instead of left signal. I wish bikes these days had a blinker cancel for sure, i hate those guys but find myself as one of them sometimes lol

hater....... it is a race harness.... its 6 ounces lighter.... 44 if u use toads special titanium bolts to screw it in.... lol
Lolol i wouldnt say 'race harness' per se', but it is a schematic to a bare minimum harness, eliminating the kickstand switch, and clutch-to-start switch.
I had a schematic drawn without the m.unit for everybody but i just cant find it. A lil smarts and one can figure it out by this schematic tho.
It is lighter but the main reason for it is because theres now a harness to merely make the bike run, and another for lights, cause i modify stuff alot it makes it easier, and the light harness can be removed by 3 connectors now. I like it

which button controls the moon roof? I cant wait till cbx sees this... he better not go easy on THIS newjack… he was ruthless with me
Oh f**k, its starting lol... totally expected this.
And i do have 3 available switches, im sure i could add an ejection to the passenger seat lol

Sorry but looks like a toddler toy all the buttons.
Haha ya my buddy said like an xbox controller.. aprilia and bmw racebikes use it as an aftermarket panel. I just think it looks cool.
It did NOT come with the m.unit controller might i add...

guys... I am in tears here.... but honestly though... maybe u could use one of those buttons to link to ure cell phone to order me a pizza?
Nowadays we could probably program a button to have us a baby lol

Anyway, thanks for the funny thread guys.
Hope y'all at least kinda like it

Lol ya ive hit the horn a few times instead of left signal. I wish bikes these days had a blinker cancel for sure, i hate those guys but find myself as one of them sometimes lol

Lolol i wouldnt say 'race harness' per se', but it is a schematic to a bare minimum harness, eliminating the kickstand switch, and clutch-to-start switch.
I had a schematic drawn without the m.unit for everybody but i just cant find it. A lil smarts and one can figure it out by this schematic tho.
It is lighter but the main reason for it is because theres now a harness to merely make the bike run, and another for lights, cause i modify stuff alot it makes it easier, and the light harness can be removed by 3 connectors now. I like it

Oh f**k, its starting lol... totally expected this.
And i do have 3 available switches, im sure i could add an ejection to the passenger seat lol

Haha ya my buddy said like an xbox controller.. aprilia and bmw racebikes use it as an aftermarket panel. I just think it looks cool.
It did NOT come with the m.unit controller might i add...

Nowadays we could probably program a button to have us a baby lol

Anyway, thanks for the funny thread guys.
Hope y'all at least kinda like it
there are a lot of hardcore racers here along with old school guys... good people... I was just having fun with u... I hope it runs well and u enjoy it man...

haha ya pride was hurt at first cause it took a while but i cant get mad at my busa brothers lol all fun. I was more mad that i pressed the damned 'post' button before i got it all organized.
But thanks man :)
Cool videos soon

Back