Gen 2 Busa 2008 Fuel issue, bike laid up for yr with gas in it

poochie781

Registered
So the story goes I been out the country for a while and finally get home and the bike been laid up for about a year. Change the battery, drained the gas put fresh gas and it wont start. Pulled the Air box and spray fuel injector cleaner into the valves and it starts for about 2 seconds and dies. took the tank off cleaned the tea bag filter and tried to spray out the white filter housing with fuel injector cleaner ( which flows freely out) and put it all back together and still nothing.

So I have spark, and wanting to run but just nothing all on its on. Do you guys think i need to change the white filter? What about the injectors?

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Is the filter sock bleach white? Needs changed... here’s my 08 when I bought it. Sat all winter with 1/2 tank
D11F5D96-FE5C-4F45-AF7B-C5665D23E138.jpeg

36065EF9-D3D6-4CC7-8447-40136E8E06B5.jpeg

CCD76F75-AB3A-4A8C-9F35-267E339B9463.jpeg

damn, yes it is bleach white.. I am about to order a new filter now and looking at the filter mod they have posted here also wonder if its worth it .I seen a video on how to clean injectors, i have a variable power supply so it should not be too bad. Damn bike has been a garage queen and now she thinks its time to retire but hell no. Thanks for the advice, I am out again for 4 weeks so i am ordering everything now and will be waiting for me when I get home.

Back