How to launch a bike?

nodnil

Registered
I want to start racing on the track soon but i dont know how to begin to launch. any tips on launching please and stuff that i should watch out for?

:welcome: to the .org

The org has a really good search engine. Many of your answers can be found there. What experience do you have riding motorcycles and is this your first bike?

I'm not into drag racing but I'd suspect there are schools you can attend to learn the tricks of the trade, eh? Maybe some of the hard core dragsters will shed some light?

The best advice anyone ever told me and it worked on the strip and worked on the road race track, it was good for many many hole shots, this also eliminated my first through third power wheelies.
1. hold the front brake
2. release the clutch ever so slightly just enough to where you start to load the front down slightly (compress the front forks)
*the reason for this is so you don't violently shock your clutch basket, chain and suspension and either flip the bike or pull a wheelie from hell
3. Practice slow and low rpm launches until you feel comfortable with that "grey" area between clutch engaged and clutch disengaged
4. The clutch and throttle are released and opened simultaneously but the clutch is released slower, the object is to not NOT wheelie,

My best 60’ time is 1.58 on 6 over. I have much more practice. Get to the track and ask questions from the people more exp. watch and learn. Youtube Rickey Gadson school and see how he teaches to launch. Most importantly have fun!!!!!

The best advice anyone ever told me and it worked on the strip and worked on the road race track, it was good for many many hole shots, this also eliminated my first through third power wheelies.
1. hold the front brake
2. release the clutch ever so slightly just enough to where you start to load the front down slightly (compress the front forks)
*the reason for this is so you don't violently shock your clutch basket, chain and suspension and either flip the bike or pull a wheelie from hell
3. Practice slow and low rpm launches until you feel comfortable with that "grey" area between clutch engaged and clutch disengaged
4. The clutch and throttle are released and opened simultaneously but the clutch is released slower, the object is to not NOT wheelie,
Good Read Man. Thanks..

Back